Home

sniper weapons

xsniperx

Ok I was just wondering what kind of sniper rifle like weapons are going to be avaliable. I know that the best one will most likely be made by crafters, but are there any besides those? I know that i read somewhere that there will be sniper rifle weapons in the game. Also is there a max range on how far you can shoot?

I think the max range is 64 meters. And if you are looking for what kind of rifle you want I suggest going to official Star Wars websites that contains information from the movies and expanded universe. I personally would go with pen & paper RPG sites because they have loads of information on weapons and such.

Originally posted by darthfergie

maybe...or they may be very accurate and have a very low rate of fire. One shot one kill type stuff. Maybe even a heavy penalty for firing while moving on this gun...where as the hand blaster will face a relitively minor penalty for moving.

That sounds more like it to me, a heavy recoil. With a low shoot rate, but a very strong gun if used correctly. ;)

Originally posted by Damarius

i just hope they make the weapons pwerful enough cause if they dont a rifleman will have a big disadvantage. The brawlers could just run up fast and make mince meat of them.

Nah they will be powerfull enough, the system will click all together. :)

Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX

I think the system of Mele vs Range will be one of the most interesting battles in SWG.

For some reason I think alot of brawlers are going to be fairly suprised when they get killed quickly while trying to rush across an open battlefield...but if it's going to be an ally fight they'd deffinatly get a good chance...personally tho I'm not going to risk that crazyness of brawling (a friend of mine is tho...Brawling Trandoshan...but not me...no way). I'd rather stick with my nice carbine than be picked off easily on a Tatoinne battlefield. I figure I might get a nasty suprise once or twice when a good brawler sucessfully sneaks up behind me...but that's just a given...there's no use in denieing that one.

Yeah...that does seem pretty short range...I mean what's the fun if you have this awesome rifle and you can't stand waayyy back picking people off? Then again...it does kind of force them to be right in the battle to add to the "fun factor." I don't know...I think it should be extended.

yeah 65 does seem a bit short. i was actually thinking more like around 100... but anyway if it got too far then you'd have to worry about dip... but then again you really wouldn't because in star wars you don't really use bullets... but i guess shots would be really off if they were too far away... unless you were some sort of freak. Mind you in Jedi Knight 2, the sniper rifle in that (forget the name) does got pretty car, and it's pretty accurate. But that's a completely different concept for the snipering... so i don't know... just have to wait until the game comes out.

Archived