Home

Chicago Sports

Darth Groovy

It is true, Chicago Sports are officially finished.

Yesterday Sammy Sosa, of the Chicago Cubs, broke a bat in the first inning, and the umpire found cork in his bat. This is a big baseball no no, and Sammy was thrown out of the game.

Mr. Sosa claims he uses that bat for "practice" and picked the wrong one.... *raises the bs flag and salutes*

Sammy was probably the last Chicago sports legend that anyone cared about, he had alot of home runs, and what he has done is simply pathetic.

When the Chicago Bulls saw the last of Scotty Pippen and Michael Jordan, the Bulls never recovered...

When the Chicago Blackhawks traded Tony Amonte away and picked up this idiot by the name of Grahm Fluery, who spends his down time doing drugs and picking fights in strip clubs, the Blackhawks never recovered....

Did I mention the fact that if you go to a Chicago baseball game, you get to see fans rushing the field and beating up the first base coach, and/or the umpires?

Chicago sports are finished, as a native of the midwest, there is little left to be proud of at this point....

I want to move...:rolleyes:

We don't know all the details just yet, so I'm not ready to just give up on Sammy. Once everything is fleshed out and revealed, then we should come to our conclusions about everything. Right now, I think it's just too early to start beating up on him. He's too good a player and a person not to give some benefit of the doubt.

Don't give up on baseball. Just 'cause everyone uses corked bats and anabolic steroids... ;):D Whenever did you get the idea Chicago sports ever started? The only good thing that ever happened to them was a small firestorm by the name of Michael Jordan. Beyond that...just about nothing. Actually, I think the NL Central Division is just about one of the most exciting this year. The Astros, Cubs, and Cardinals are all jockeying for first in that division. And with such great players on those teams, it should be an interesting race to the finish.

All I know is that I am scared to death to go to a baseball game in Chicago. You never know when a drunk irate fan will rush the field and beat up the first base coach, or better yet....beat up you. People in Chicago do NOT know how to deal with warm weather, I have seen this first hand.:(

So, that one bat out of the 70 odd other bats drilled, including those in the Hall Of Fame and held by collectors do not have any cork in them, doesn't make you believe that he was telling you the truth, that he, or someone else, placed a practice bat in with his normal bats by mistake?????

Oh, technically they don't use anabolic steroids in baseball, but something very close to it.... (Ever wondered why Sosa, MacGuire, Bonds all started to break records recently?) I can't remember the name of the additive, but it isn't in the spirit of "natural" supplement...

Whoopdy doo, Sammy was no where near the status of MJ. MJ's departure was still so much worse than this, and I like baseball 1000x better than basketball.

And Groovy, the Cubs will still always be better than the Sox, despite having Sammy cheating. Cork bats slow the ball's flight to begin with, it makes the bat faster is all, so IMHO, this is no big deal...

Archived