Home

Lunging

Bottletop

hi -I've been trying to get good at lunging. I played a guy named xexx that owns the piss outa me when we lunge. I tried to improve my lunging by writing a script and messin with my view. I added speed to the script which makes it smoother. I changed my fov to 100 which helps a lot to see dudes behind you. I use

+speed;+forward;+movedown;+attack

I still get owned though. I think i need a script that will change my view to directly above my guy or a script that lunges twice in a row or something. I can't seem to win. lol

any ideas how to improve lunging?

no-you'd be surprised how much scripting it helps. I used to use walk on my mouse to lunge so i could do it really fast. Then you start playing players who have it scripted and are really good and you really don't have a chance at beating them...let's say u lunge at the same time and do equal damage. An instant later the guy with the scriptied lunge hits ya again-it's so fast you could never do it manueling.

in essence-scripted lung really helps you out. Not to mention when you go on and someone out lunges you it is probably bc it is scripted. Why would you want to press 4 nbuttons-walk, crouch, forwad, and attack-when all you really need to do it press one button. I can't possible see why that would be better, but if you really think it is better to do it that way- more power to you

o-when i say i get owned-i just meaned by one guy. no other lungers ever give me that many problems or at least it';s an even fight. Xexx on the other hand uses his lunge like it has a targetting system-he justn charges you and no matter what direction u go he hits you then keeps on hitting you with the shortest possible delay between them,. I've seen him miss a lunge and be like 180 degrees behind him- right after that lunge is done he'll do like an instant 180 or 150 or whatever it is and nail the person. no allignment or anything it's like one motion

Scripts can only get you so far. Like Evil said "Practice". That's in anything in life as well. If you don't practice, you will never get better. Just create a server yourself, maybe add some bots, and just practice lunging on them. It's all about timing. When to crouch, when to move forward and when to attack. When you do get the timing right, it is more rewarding plus gives you the flexibility to do different combos in any situation.

As for lunge-ya i don't use it like that. I can beat lungers with red or yellow for the most part because i kinda found a great counter for it. But i can't beat one person's lol. I thknk that...maybe he is using an auto aim cheat. i don't know...i have heard that with these...u will roll if u go side to side...this person tends to move only forward and backwards..who knows. I need to find a better zoom though so i hacve a better chane. gonna mess with cg_thirdperson.

as for not binding lunge-if ytou think there is an advantage to pressing four buttons at opnce instead of one-i assure you it's not

yolkboy-hmmm i don't know. I have lunged a butch..you only get so good even withg a good script and using a fov 100 which helps. I need some new ideas. zooming way out and having a head view would help

Originally posted by Bottletop

as for not binding lunge-if ytou think there is an advantage to pressing four buttons at opnce instead of one-i assure you it's not

Exactly. And that's why I like to call it by it's real name.......*drumroll*........ CHEATING. :D

Making the comp do your moves or aim for you is cheating plain and simple. Shame-shame... :disaprove

If you use a script that chooses the force power setting for you, fine - who cares. But special moves *are supposed to* require aim, timing and dexterity. Binding a series of moves on a single key is cheating in it's most obvious form.

*puts on flame protection gear*

hmm..no scripting lunge don't hurt anything..it's a lame move to begin with and is mostly used as a retaliation to people that lunge me using scripted lunge. If they lunge me and it's not scripted -then they suck at it anyway and will lose no matter what i lost. The game has enough depth that changing a four button obsurdity to one button, and of course, you can't win against a good scripter if you don't have a good script yourself...i don't like dying.

[edit: bill sorry kynes, we've had a policy of not allowing ppl to post scripts here, so im gonna have to edit this one out]

best way to improve is practice. but there is a limit to practice, the rest depends on your configuration and settings of keys and natural aptitude (talent).

I will say that this script makes run lunges much easier than doing it manually.

scripting moves really is cheating, it gives an unfair advantage to you, because everybody else doesnt have the script. Any mod that makes it easier to play the game is a cheat.

This goes waay back to the days of TF (the REAL TF, back in quake1) where people could script a whole bunch of moves in a row (rocketjump -> grenades -> rocketjump -> spin360 shooting nailgun etc etc) it just got nuts, and totally unfair. It was like the players were hardly playing at all, the scripts were doing all the fighting for them. That is not gaming.

Dont get me wrong, i like to win, but not by cheating. I also hate loosing, but i dont mind so much if its a fair fight.

Using scripts make it an unfair fight, therefore if i ever see someone using a script on a server i have admin for -> Kick/Ban

and i think all other admins should do the same.

And yeah, you cant change FOV in JK2 unless sv_cheats = 1, so theres ya cheating right there...

And why is this thread here by the way?!?

well the only script i would ever use is lunge, its the only one ive found thats any real use to me...and besides everyone knows and and ive seen like 23452352 ppl use it including on demos on this forum. and is the command for fov cg_fov or cg_zoomfov?

Archived