Home

Anthem

ET Warrior

I know not a lot of people on this board know of the band Less Than Jake, or at least I dont think many of you do. But they have a new CD out called Anthem and it, is, AWESOME. All the songs are good, I've been listening to this CD non stop for over a week now.

If you enjoy Ska AT ALL, buy this CD NOW!!!

So has anyone else listened to it? Heard of it? Think I need help?

What do you think about it?

wow ET are you a rude boy!? ska man good old days good times when the streets were filled with mohawks boby pins dog collars and or green parkas with the who on the back and neat fedoras and bands like madness and the Specials. your my mirro in the bathroom. guess that's why your the left twin, the other twin is putting a pressure drop on you:D

i did not think ska bands were out there any longer.

ska and swing are like so cool.

Originally posted by Shinzon

Less Than Jake are alright, but I've heard better. Why do you like them so much, and have you really listened for the same CD for over a week? You must be very bored... I change my music around every hour.

I dont know why I like them so much....I just do....their music is just....great.

And I'm not prone to changing my music often. That's just how I am, I can listen to the same stuff for a long time before I need to change it.

I love Lesst than jake, it's up there on my all time fav bands list along with Sublime and a couple more bands. They really have an out of the ordinary sound which consists of a great mix of punk and ska. I missed their show a couple months ago, i was drowning in schoolwork at the time, they were on tour with Good Charlotte and New found Glory, wish i could have made it...

hell... there's always Vans Warped Tour!!

i've got all their CDs but i have yet to hear their newest. Perhaps now would be a great time to get it...

*go get his copy of 'Anthem'*

after all those albums, i fell like they are still a garage band with a garage band feel to it but with a professionnal sound. It's hard to explain, but unlike the newer 'punk' bands who take themselves for other, LTJ still are (to my eyes) a couple of friends having fun playing great songs in their basement. They havent changed their style so much since thier debut album and that's what's great about them, their music doesn't seem to get old and that's why you can listne to it over and over.

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

after all those albums, i fell like they are still a garage band with a garage band feel to it but with a professionnal sound. It's hard to explain, but unlike the newer 'punk' bands who take themselves for other, LTJ still are (to my eyes) a couple of friends having fun playing great songs in their basement. They havent changed their style so much since thier debut album and that's what's great about them, their music doesn't seem to get old and that's why you can listne to it over and over.

You know, i've never really thought about it like that, but that's a really good point. They do seem like that. It seems like it's just about the music with them. They love to play, and they get paid to do it. What could be better?

If anyone here listens to it, i'm curious what they're favorite song is. Mine is The Science of Selling Yourself Short (number 4)

It's got a really catchy beat and really good lyrics.

They also remixed Look What Happened, and it sounds even better now. The last chorus is awesome, they have a woman singing harmony with roger...it's way cool..

GET THIS CD NOW!!!

Originally posted by HertogJan

*sigh* I though this topic was about an Official Swamp anthem or something, but it's another topic about the music you listen :( Why doesn't anyone here listen to house, club, trance, techno, hardstyle, hardhouse or whatever??

Ah Ha! I tricked you!! ;)

I've not heard of most of those types of music.....

I dont like techno very much though....it's just...meh

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I dont like techno very much though....it's just...meh

Well techno is like the only form of house most americans or other ppl far away know :) And they don't even know what real techno is, I heard someone say Moby is techno... yeah right :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But I can understand not many ppl like this music, at first it might sound a bit repetitive and too hard for your ears... But you'll learn to appreciate it and then... it's better than any kind of drug :)

Trance is good to get to know the music, mostly easy listening and very very beautifully composed :) You should try "Armin - Communication" or "Cygnus X - The Orange Theme"... Those are great pieces of music!!

Originally posted by BLaCKouT_1138

I don't know much about them, but I saw Less Than Jake at the Reading Festival last year, and they were fantastic! And I don't even like Ska.

Well, if you liked hearing them Live, I think you would LOVE Anthem. It's Less Than Jake at their best.......

Archived