Home

"The Hulk" Flops!

Darth Groovy

I been reading reviews all day, and most critics are unanimous, despite some decent acting, The Hulk looks silly, and the story is barely enough to hold the attention of another T.V. Pilot. Consider this Marvel's first flop since The Punisher. Hopefully, this will not hamper future releases like The Punisher.

Linkage:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/entertainment/movies/hulk.htm

http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/hulk.html

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=vf1f1emuqdou07%40news.supernews.com

I'm so seeing The Hulk for several reasons:

4. I like Ang Lee's directorial philosophy--every frame is a work of art.

3. Gotta support our boys at ILM!

2. There're no other good summer movies out yet.

And the number 1 reason why I shall see The Hulk in spite of the critics:

1. Critics are freakin' morons! :p

I saw it today and it was good! Wow talk about bad tempers, hehe. Ang Lee did quite a good job with this movie, the acting is great, the action is captivating, the story is tense but gets kinda wierd at the end but Im sure a Hulk fan will be able to explain the details better. Like wtf happended to Bruces psyco dad?

Ok so hes experimenting on himself, gets caught and fired, blows up the lab, accidently kills his wife when hes trying to kill his son (Not sure why, its not evident that he knew his son was a dangerous mutant from the beginning.), Goes to prison for 30 years, after his son is exposed to the gamma radiation he purposely does the same to himself and also becomes a mutant whos able to become whatever he touches including electricity, rock, and the weather? :eyeraise: So right before the military nukes them both I guess he absorbs his son and then dissapates into the air? And then Bruce survives and goes to the jungle.

Anyway its definately worth seeing. This movie is not cheesy or lame in any way. Very well done. I cant think of anything else to say for since I dont wanna give anything away. On a scale of 1-10 I give it an 8. :thumbsup:

Just got back from Hulk, and I've gotta say, I'm impressed. The realism of the Hulk just blew me away... and the editing was... WOW! Every wipe had me going "that is freaking cool!" And Ang Lee's direction was top notch. I believe him when he says that he agonized over every frame to make it a work of art. The acting seemed a little weak, specially Jennifer Connely's (sp). But it certainly wasn't bad. And, same as JediNyt, the ending had me totally confused.

That whole sub-plot with the

dad's mutation

could have been cut, and I think it should have been.

Anyway, excellent movie. I don't think it can really be compared to any of the other Marvel movies, because this is definately not your average comic book movie. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Hulk was supposed to be a modern-day remake of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, and had no comic roots at all.

Certainly a movie I recommend!

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

Just got back from Hulk, and I've gotta say, I'm impressed. The realism of the Hulk just blew me away... and the editing was... WOW! Every wipe had me going "that is freaking cool!" And Ang Lee's direction was top notch. I believe him when he says that he agonized over every frame to make it a work of art. The acting seemed a little weak, specially Jennifer Connely's (sp). But it certainly wasn't bad. And, same as JediNyt, the ending had me totally confused.

That whole sub-plot with the

dad's mutation

could have been cut, and I think it should have been.

Anyway, excellent movie. I don't think it can really be compared to any of the other Marvel movies, because this is definately not your average comic book movie. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Hulk was supposed to be a modern-day remake of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, and had no comic roots at all.

Certainly a movie I recommend!

Maybe I will see it then. I will have to catch a matinee, because nobody will go see it with me, not even my GF!:(

Maybe I will see it then. I will have to catch a matinee, because nobody will go see it with me, not even my GF!

I went to see it on a date. She wasn't really enthusiastic about seeing it, but she was working really late and it was the only movie we could get to that neither of us had seen. She came out of it thinking it was a really good flick.

I watched the Hulk the night it came out and I thought it was a really cool movie. The whole Ang Lee screen comic style footage was cool but I thought it got annoying after a while. But i'm going to go see it again to see it its better the second time. But i think the best marvel movie made thus far is definatly X-Men! Both movies were wicked awesome!

Archived