Home

PROBLEMS WITH SWG? READ PLEASE!

Wraith 8

It looks like http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com is down as well now.

Hopefully they have done this to really bring down the load on the servers from all the people looking at the website, and can then use that power for people trying to register this game.

I am not going to finish Character creation until I know I will be able to play for more then half an hour without the server crashing :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got to credit card and wondered why the hell we have to give it since we have a free month then i enereted some info and then i pressed ok and i am so stupid cuz i might of had it not say an error has been made...and now i cant even hardly anywhere when i press subscribe and if i get anywhere its only to the press subscribe and then it glitches...god..lucas arts i agree on giving us another free month!....for all the trouble u created grrrrr

Station Account

That is where I am running into trouble .. just setting up a basic station account. This predates the release. I once tried to get an account when I was trying to become a beta tester and I got the same error... "We're sorry, there has been an error. Please try again!".

While it wont recognize the name and password, if I go back and try to reregister it .. it says its already taken. Very bizzare.

Well it seems to me that its getting better due to the fact that consistently for the past 20 tries or so i got to the billing screen everytime before it gave me the error screen. So if they fixed it to do this in 9 hours(punches in some numbers)..................I WILL BE PLAYING BY 6 OR 7 AM TOMORROW MORNING

Q's post regarding how to get online, even though things aren't quite fixed works.

He said to simply keep trying.

If you get the error msg or the page couldn't be loaded, just right click on the screen, go back and try again.

I kept trying it that way and did get on.....Good luck.

Does this window auto refresh or what? It gives a list of servers that are down... which atm is all I beleive. Is it going to refresh itself?

If not, then I have to keep launching the game to get it to, that means scanning the dag nabbed files for each refresh!!

AIIEIEIEIEEI

Guess its not too bad since Ive been in game and lots havent, good game -_-

I managed to register OK, and I started to create a character. But when I hit "next" to complete the character creation and start the tutorial, it just says, "Creating your character...please wait" forever and never finishes. Has anyone else had this problem?

Originally posted by Maggot X

I managed to register OK, and I started to create a character. But when I hit "next" to complete the character creation and start the tutorial, it just says, "Creating your character...please wait" forever and never finishes. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thats because the game servers are in a constant state of rebooting, going up for about 10 seconds, then going down... repeat above many times over:rolleyes:

Gee, I thought that

A) SOE et al were prepared due to the experience they've had with EQ:p

b) They were limiting the number of the initial release to prevent serious overloading :D

HAHHAHAHAHAHA..................

Well I finally got into the game, made my character, did the tutorial, and got into my starting city but I just noticed I made something wrong on my character. It was a small thing so I just tried to delete my character and do it again but that's when the problems started to occur.

I started to delete my character but it did not delete correctly. It stopped half-way in deleting and the character was still there but the delete button could no longer be used (faded and no way to press it). I quickly got out of the game and reloaded it back up. Luckily the button was able to be used again so I took the time to delete my character. After that however, I couldn't make my character again. It would keep saying "creating character" but never did.

I also noticed later that my launchpad was still saying I had a character when I don't. I tried reinstalling and that didn't help either. My character somehow reappeared in my account again.

And now, finally, I cannot connect to the log in server now and all the servers are on "loading" and never load. So I cannot do anything now and this previous stuff on my previous character is preventing me from making a character on that server again.

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. I'm actually starting to panic and I don't know what to do.

What I wanna know is how many copies of the client did they release, and if they expected even 70% of them to be sold and trying to log in on opening day. If they had 500,000 people on the official forums, and they sent out 200,000 copies, they should expect at least 70k people on opening day. That's 14 servers up and getting hit with 5000 registrations all in one day. So what are the specific numbers?

Don't panic. I had a number of the same issues in Beta, and it all worked out.

You haven't done anything that will keep you from playing. Currently the log-in serviers are down, while they try to repair whatever issues they have with Oracle. While they are down you won't be able to accomplish anything anyway....

See you on the flip side...:D

Archived