Home

PROBLEMS WITH SWG? READ PLEASE!

Wraith 8

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All you people have to do is go to http://www.mozilla.org and download mozilla then use that as your primary interner exploer . now when you download mozilla and are in it go to tools and cookie manager then go to manage cookies then remove all cookies. then DO NOT i repeat DO NOT set up your account with the patcher set it up tho http://www.station.sony.com

Injoy :deathstar

i would not so it at 11:34 central time all the severs are down atm

i cant fix that

Ok guys, here is the latest update. ;)

We would like to thank our players for their patience today with registration for Star Wars Galaxies™. A combination of hardware failures and some other unforeseen technical problems resulted in a severe load on the registration servers. We consider those issues solved now. We have one more Oracle based issue to resolve. We expect to bring all of the game servers back online as soon as possible.

:D

Originally posted by vader_3

All you people have to do is go to http://www.mozilla.org and download mozilla then use that as your primary interner exploer . now when you download mozilla and are in it go to tools and cookie manager then go to manage cookies then remove all cookies. then DO NOT i repeat DO NOT set up your account with the patcher set it up tho http://www.station.sony.com

Injoy :deathstar

i would not so it at 11:34 central time all the severs are down atm

i cant fix that

Okay folks, I'll just say that this DOES work. I received a tip from one of my members on this. You may not get in right away, but in backspacing and reclicking, this software loads a lot faster. Ofcourse, it will probably be fixed before anyone even reads this.

I read something above about a small character mistake in creation. If you like your character name DO NOT DELETE IT! You will not get the name back. Just so you know.

Image designers can fix a lot, so if that's all....

If it was a stat issue.....then hit Ctrl+C, and click the stat migration button.

If it was a starting profession issue....go train in your other starting profession for 100 credits. Not worth losing your name over it.

Well, what started out as an exuberant, joyful purchase has started to seriously degrade into a grumblefest....

First, there was the registration problems yesterday... bought the game at 1:30PM EST, installed at 2:00PM EST, tried to register for 8 hours until about 10:00PM EST. Finally, I was able to complete the subscription process.

Then, the patching began. Here is where I have been stuck since.. See, I have dial-up and have no other options as to my internet access (at least, none that don't require massive amounts of money) When I read that it was a 20MB patch, I figured "Hey, I can download a 20MB file in about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, no biggie. I waited this long.."

Well, upon starting the patch process last night at 10:00PM last night, the program ran it's scan (only 2 minutes or so) then began patching. The estimated completion time was 3:00PM TODAY. 17 HOURS for a 20MB patch?!?!?!?!

There is NO WAY I can patch this game at this rate. My dial-up connection, although stable as hell, will NOT stay connected for 17 hours. And as far as I can tell, there isn't a resume function in the Autopatcher, so I'm screwed.

I thought I was frustrated when I couldn't log in. That level of irritation does not even come CLOSE to my current level of frustration.

Does ANYONE know if there is another way to patch? Or another place to download it from? Anything?

I found that if the patcher does not finish, the files are still saved. So you can restart later if you need to disconnect, or get disconnected. As far as the length of the download though, that's due to server stress. I cna lmost guarantee that if you leave it downloading, it will not take that long as you will gradually climb up the que. Also, downloading late in the evening is always faster. Like 1AM EST.

So, after a bit of luck, I am able to get the patch downloaded in about 2 hours. It finished at around 12:10PM, and I immediately hit "Play"..

Watched the intro, then waited to log in. Well, the log in server is down, so I quit the game. Tried restarting the game, and found myself horrified.

I don't think the patch stuck. The starting version was v1.46 and when I restarted the program, it was still at v1.46. And unless another patch has come out already, I am having to download again...

[sigh] Can I catch just ONE break?...

The server were up around 7:30 am So I logged on made my character etc... The game runs great even if u have dail up I noticed no lag... sometimes u get a little chunk just for a sec though... anyways I play for an hour (mainly doing the tut) and then I decide to log off and IM my friend... bad idea the servers arent letting anyone in for an hour cause they are doing maintance... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well only an hour right

server Status June 27th

We continue to work on the issues that arose yesterday. We have re-opened some of the servers to the public now, and will work towards having them all available as soon as we can.

New logins to the game will be unavailable for a brief period (about an hour) while we do some maintenance. Players who are already logged in will be unaffected.

Thanks for your patience

i made a character and it didnt turn out the way i wanted,tried to delete it.......i couldnt.So i tried another server.Spent altleast 2 hours seeing that little "Creating Character" sign every time i tried a new server.BUT THEN FINALY I GOT TO SET FOOT IN THE TRAINING, THEN!!!!!!!!!!oops the servers went down only got to move for a few seconds.

well if anyone could help with deleting my character,,,THANKS

--------

Rouge :ben:

Well, its been about a month since I have been to the forums and i am glad to say that I will be making my way to best buy within and hour to pick up my copy. Looks like Wraith and I have lots of catching up to do. Its about 2:05 west coast time and I havnt heard how the servers are doing since early this morning. Hopefully by the time I get back Ill see you all online. Glad I got a sony station account monthes ago

just finished my six hours of playing and wow what an experience. although still quite bugggy such as when i took down a little hut thing for a mission it would not say the mission was complete and although the building was destroyed the waypoint was still there. Also some enemy issues such as the enemies being over 10 feet away but still doing damage to you. or static enemies(that arent ment to be static doing damage to you. its like the models are stuck but there souls arent. any ways just an update. any one else experiencing any bugs at all. i actually was suprised cause there isnt that many bugs. but there are some major ones.:D

Ok, so ive got it, works fine except for the occasional connection to SWG lost! thing. But the main problem im having is on my laptop, for some reason the faces on all humans, zabreks, and twileks look like a static infestided TV screen and the facial texture pops up in the upper left hand corner of my screen. Ive got a ATI 9000 radeaon mobility 64mb. Anyone got a suggestion

Archived