Home

For those with hardware issues

toolfan

Be part of this forum community, just not the game for atleast a month though.

Just a few minutes ago I ran into yet another rollback on my character, and now im just frustrated with this game.

At this point I have gone from enjoying it to just plain despising it because of the problems. I cant seriously recommend SWG in its current state anymore. It has seem to only gotten worse in the last few days because of the server problems.

Is the game itself good? yes very much so, it has some balance issues but its still a lot of fun.

But what good does it do when your characters dont even save 75% of the time? I would make a new character, log off, go back later to play it and it isnt even there anymore so I have to make it again.

I never seen server problems so bad before in a MMORPG. Atleast the unexpected down time has stopped. I'm just glad i'm not actually paying yet. Hopefully the problems will be fixed before anyone starts paying there subscription fee.

I want to see this game fixed and I hope it is so I can finally start enjoying it. I think this is the best MMORPG ever, I just wish SOE would be able to fix the servers quicker, but thats just not possible, its out of SOE's reach and they are going as fast as they can to fix the problems.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there only humans that are working on this game in general. humans like every thing else on this world make mistakes. i did not expect this game to have only a few minor bugs but as much anticipation and and big a deal and hyped this game is this is about what i expected.its a Game. just a video game. if u let it get to you then its scary that some of you can let something like this get to you. Patiences Is A Virtue (spelling). i expected this thats why i am waiting for a week or ::cough:: three ::cough:: until these "set backs" and fixed and a new shipment with a good patch is released. time heals all, even video games. :) but money does not. i see alot of you saying "oh i paid this and that for this game why isn't it working" if money healed then Satin (AKA) Bill Gates would be alive forever. dont look at stuff now look at the way it will be in a week or 2. and i duno about you but for me 2 weeks goes by pretty fast.

Originally posted by Mon Cal

Ok, i looked at all the hardware installed. I had a wireless car bus adapter installed twice. I unistalled one of them and rebooted my computer. Then it said new hardware installed and i still have two in there. The blue screen still appears. I have windows xp. My dad thinks that because D-Link Airplus Wireless Carbus Adapter hasnt been passed as compatable with windows xp, it may be messing our computer up.

Send us the error and we'll see if we can identify the problem. You're dad might be right, but can't be sure. You can email me at gustable@yahoo.com if you want.

-goldplate

well im going to continue to play it even in its current state. it hasnt really gotten to me otherwise I would have just cancelled my account. But i'm not going to recommend SWG right now to any of my friends or anyone else who ask's if the game is good. Because right now the game doesnt work. Once SOE fixes the mistakes they make and I know they will then i'll recommend it.

Until then I cant see why anyone besides those that got it on release day would want to play SWG right now.

I realize that the people at SOE are human and make mistakes, thats not the point though. Point is... well I just said it. :) you wouldnt want to play this game yet until mistakes and problems are fixed.

i am having a problem with video lag in SWG. Im have:

p4 1.5

Intel Mother board

512 RDRAM

G4 ti 128 meg card.

SB Audigy

And for some reason my fps drops to 5 or so in town. I have all of the latest drivers both video and sound. And it isnt lag because im pinging in the low 40's to higher 50's. Any ideas?

the game should be just fine on your system.

do you have anything else running in the background? make sure you close down all programs. any message programs, firewall software, chat clients, anti-virus programs, anything like that, make sure its closed when you are running SWG.

also turn off some of the graphical options in SWG to, like shadows, shader effects, and turn down the detail a bit to.

So if i get a new card, does it have to be specific to my system or can i just buy any ol card? Cuz i will order that radeon card any moment, i jsut wanna know itll work with my system. Also, are they easy to install, or should have someone put it in?

thanks for helpin a computer illiterate idiot out! haha!

-D-

any video card should work with your computer. there is always that rare case though where it wont, but I doubt it will happen.

as for installing, just read the manual, a monkey can insteall a video card, its very simple. :) just put the video card into the AGP slot, press down on it firmly to make sure its in all the way, turn on the game computer and there you go.

Well, I'll be getting my copy tomorrow morning, and I hope it will run well.

My comp is new, and pretty nice.

P4 3 Ghz

1 GB DDR Ram

250 GB HD

But Im worried about my video card, its just a GeForce4 MX440 128mb. I've been hearing some bad things about the MX series of GeForces...am I going to be okay?

Maybe I will have to upgrade to a nice Raedon sometime.

-Fett

:sbdance

the GeForce 4 MX cards are one of the slower cards and dont have a lot of the great graphic features that even the GeForce 3 cards have.

but the rest of the computer will completely make up for it. you wont have any frame rate problems.

Originally posted by toolfan

the GeForce 4 MX cards are one of the slower cards and dont have a lot of the great graphic features that even the GeForce 3 cards have.

but the rest of the computer will completely make up for it. you wont have any frame rate problems.

Well i got a Geforce4 and it runs better then my friends Geforce3, want to explain?? :confused:

Well apparently there are about a million differnt types of GeForce4's...or I guess like 2. But the Ti cards are a lot nicer than the MX ones. I guess they came out with a crappy cheap GF4 to stick in comps and make them sound good...only to crush their owners hopes when they find out they got the crappy version.

-Fett

I plan on buying a PC for the sole purpose to play this game. I don't have a lot of money, but I plan on a 2.0 ghZ Athlon with 512 MB of Ram and a ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR videocard. I have heard that some games have problems with Athlon set-ups, so I was wondering if anyone else is playing with an Athlon box?

do some re-search before asking what card is better u can go the the best buy website and look at the specs of diffrent Graphic Cards. but out of those 2 get the FX 5200 first is is alot better hard ware wise it also has more Ram and it suports DX 9 features. the comparing the FX to the MX is like compareing a Cadilac to a Civic. and if u get a TI then that Mercedes becomes an even better card. to put it simply the MX and TNT are the bottom of the GeForce Food Chain now. but if u dont beleieve me go check out the specs for each card. if anyone tells u that an MX is better then a FX or TI then there just trying to stick up for there card.

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

Well i got a Geforce4 and it runs better then my friends Geforce3, want to explain?? :confused:

you have the GeForce 4 Ti card, not the MX version. :) the Ti card is leaps and bounds better then the GeForce 3. the MX version is just a faster GeForce 2. hope that clears everything up. :)

Does anyone have a similar rig and will it run SWG ok?

p3 1.1GHz

Abit SA-6 mobo

512MB SDRAM (PC133)

Geforce2 GTS 32MB

This is my wife's rig. We want to play the game together, so I'm going to buy two copies or none. If her machine won't even touch the game, I want to save myself $100.

there were a few good choices at Bestbuy..i went with a Geforce FX 5200 for $80 (i couldnt resist the mail-in rebate)!

Heh, installation was smooth and SWG started right up! I do have framerate problems now tho...i turn down res. clip plain etc..

it was still unbareable, i bet it was linked to my slow processing speed.

So i checked off some of the "disable" options on the the launch pad...now the game looks pretty bad but i can run with a few extra FPS. It is stil kinda sluggish and choppy in cities. Do you happen to know of a way that i can up my FPS without loosing the graphics quality? (if i need to purchase more hardware, i might)

Thats kinda like my old machine, until I bought the game and decided to upgrade.

That video card will have to go... and even then it might not run TOO great. My game was always choppy, but nothing to the extreme that I wouldnt play it.

You decide -_-

I was running the game (in beta) just fine with that exact same video card, although I did have a p4 2.53 GHz with a 533 FSB mainboard and 512 of DDR Ram. I guess the rest of my machine was making up for the old video card. ;)

However, you are telling me that you had a comparable system that was able to run the game even though it was a bit choppy. Is that what you're saying?

EDIT- thanks moderator, for moving my question to the end of the tech thread where it will no doubt get plenty of hits and generate lots of good responses.

my computer: AMD athlon processor

1.20 GHz

128 MB of RAM

my graphics card i think is some type of geforce somewhere around 32MB or 64MB, not very sure on that.(how can i check that?)

now lets talk upgrades...............(keep in mind i dont want to put TOO much money into this)

Archived