Home

pc vs xbox

reptile

Originally posted by Semicolon

Mine was 60 last time i checked...

I did it awhile ago though...how can you figure out your FPS?

The console command was "/cg_drawfps 1" or something like that. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I experimented and realized that a 20-ish fps means I can't kick ****. With 40fps (no lightning spamming or force fields & only one bot) I could actually land a few frontal kicks now and then. :)

Getting my uppgrade today. Can't wait!

It's not really fair for me to say which JO is better for playing using the levels that came with the game, as I have never played the Xbox version, but for added replay value, you can't beat the PC.

There is a thriving JO modding community that has released (and will release) excellent levels, models, and game modifications for both single and multiplayer. These modifications give JO a new lease on life, and it's the reason why I still play it frequently every day.

This is just an idea, but maybe...(don't kill me, all JO fans)

wait until it's sequel, Jedi Academy, comes out.

Jedi Academy will have a cartload of new features included with the game, including customizing your character's gender, species, saber hilt, saber color, and Force powers. It's going to come out this autumn. If you can afford the wait, compare the two games and decide which one you want.

OMG

OMFG

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I got my uppgrade. I had no idea kicking was this easy! I can kick anything that flies by now! Pull-kicks anf frontal grip kicks are easy as hell too. I can't believe that my lousy FPS had such a huge impact on kicking. :) No more relying on sidekicks for me.

I think I have a good chance of getting to be called are "scripter" now, instead of the good old "lamer". :D

About the topic >> PC all the way. If you want to play a FPS you need a mouse for aiming, not some clumsy controller.

I'm currently runnng a AMD Athlon 900 MHz (yeah the first one) GeForce3, 768 MB SDRAM, 2 HD = 120 MB. My rig is about 4 yr old though lol. I can't really expand on it anymore. I'm building a new one though... currently my specs are Athlon +2700, 1Gig of DDR, @ least 120 GB HD (combo of 2), aluminum case, and a new video card. I dunno what vid card I should get though. Should I go the ATI route or stick with NVidia? considering the 9800 and FX series... Hmmm. Decisions Decisions...

If you have all the money in the world to spend, get the Radeon 9800 Pro or the GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, whichever is cheaper. The 9800 Pro is faster, but may be more expensive. A good bet would be to get the 9800 non-pro to save some cash. It's hardly slower, you can do a little overclocking to get it to perform like the Pro.

Oh... I thought the FX 5900 Ultra was faster than the 9800 Pro 256. From what I read they are both priced at $500. I might be wrong about the price though. $100 is a lot. But I don't do any overclocking. I'm trying to find more reviews on both though.

i think what yer talkin about is

/com_maxfps <number of fps u want the game to be limited to display>

this is just to see how many fps u can get most ppl use this in conjunction with cg_drawfps 1 its recommended u leave it at 100 being as it wouldnt make a diff cuz the human brain cant tell the diff between 100 and 200 so yea

Originally posted by Prime

I don't know much about it, since I am a PC gamer, but aren't the users of XBox Live relatively few in number? I was under the impression the online PC community was much larger.

not really, actually in the 2 million i think. BTW, i say go for the pc version (JKII isn't even LIVE compatible)

Archived