Home

Favorite Old-School Interface?

ATMachine

What's your favorite old-school SCUMM interface?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite old-school SCUMM interface?

• MI1 floppy disk version - the classic, easy-to-read, retro look
    • MI2 slideshow demo - same good old 12 verbs, but now with inventory pictures
    • MI2 rolling demo with ScummVM - you can change the colors of the interface at will
    • MI1 CD and MI2 - 9 efficient verbs and a purple color scheme

Continuing this topic of discussion from #monkey-island, I thought this would be a cool idea to post a poll about.

Which MI1- or MI2-related interface do you prefer? LucasArts came out with interfaces in several different styles in a few short years. I'm only including ones that have to do with the first two MI games (or their demos) because those are the ones we are usually most nostalgic about.

My personal favorite is the one from the MI2 slideshow demo. I prefer being able to click on the "Walk to" verb whenever I want, it's easier to read than pink-and-purple, and it looks like the interface from earlier LEC games, giving a certain continuity.

If you haven't played the demos I've mentioned, go to

MILegend.com to get them. They're both quite cool.

i think mi1 floppy version is the best interface without graphical items .. mi2 has quite a similar to dott and indy4 with other shape ..

but they all work well! (e.g. zak's interface is 'lame' coz ypu have to click 3 times to get an action or so.. but since i played zak FIRST and i didnt knew mi1 at this time .. :dozey: )

so.. in memory to the good old times..

MI1 Interface!

;)

The CD would have to be the best as no time is wasted changing floppy disks and SMI had been slightly updated.

The sound was also a lot better. I'll go with the CD version.

But, you can't forget in the disk version the stump joke. Its not in the CD version, but I have both, so it doesn't bother me :)

Archived