Home

Maya

Don't know what Maya is? It's a 3D program that was used to make a lot of the stuff in Rogue Leader. I've just got myself a copy of it and well... If ANYONE knows how to used it, give me some pointers or know of a site or book or something on how to use Maya then please tell me now!! I so wanna design my own 3D hardsuit.

'Maya' is actually a Sanskrit word meaning 'illusion.' More specifically, it refers to the illusion of individual self and perceptual reality...the 'veil of illusion' that blinds us all to the true beauty of creation.

Some books for learning how to manipulate 'maya' would be the Bardol Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead), the kabbalist works Zohar and Sefer Yetzirah, the Sutrapitaka (the 'Basket of Teachings' or sutras of the Buddha), and it's been suggested that the Sutra of the Lotus of the Good Teaching by itself is valuable. I of course use the Lagomorphicon, but there's only one copy.

:) Delighted to be of assistance.

Originally posted by Lynk Former

Don't know what Maya is? It's a 3D program that was used to make a lot of the stuff in Rogue Leader. I've just got myself a copy of it and well... If ANYONE knows how to used it, give me some pointers or know of a site or book or something on how to use Maya then please tell me now!! I so wanna design my own 3D hardsuit.

i didnt knew it exists until now.. i only knew there MUST be some 3D prog and i know i always 'google' for things.. (saves trees)

the rest is 'trial and error' method :D :D :D ..

I do lots of 3D design work. I don't use maya, but i DO know of an excellent site where you can get tons of info and feedback regarding it. Granted, some experiance with 3D helps when using Maya (it is the best 3D software out there), but they can help you out.

I use Cinema 4D, mostly.

i'd upload some examples, but you can't post attachments in here (grr).

That website is http://www.threedy.com

I never knew what Maya was until Lynk posted it, but when I visited a school in Orlando (Full Sail) I saw some of the things it can do as well as a quick demo. Some of the things I saw were pretty amazing and done by students. Once you learn how to use Maya better, I wanna see your works Lynk.

And I wouldn't mind seeing some of your works Saber.

Archived