Home

dismemberment help

bassoonboy

It depends on whether you are talking about the Single Player or Multiplayer games, because the commands are different. For the Single Player game, open the console (shift+tilde) and type

/set g_saberRealisticCombat 1

For the Multiplayer game, BOTH the Server AND your Client (your computer) must have it enabled. If you are making your own server to play against bots or your friends, type

/set g_dismember 100

in the console to enable it on the server. To enable it on your client, type

/set cg_dismember 1 for just arms and legs whacked off, or

/set cg_dismember 2 for arms, legs, heads, and waist-cuts (cut in half).

/set cg_dismember 0 turns off dismemberment.

If you go on the Internet, the server admin has to have it enabled on the server or you wont see it. Both my FFA-CTF server (Chop Shop INCREASED SABER DAMAGE FFA-CTF Server 64.246.58.228) and my Disruption Instagib server (Chop Shop DISRUPTION! Instagib Server 64.246.58.192) have full dismemberment enabled if you want to see what it looks like. Make sure you type /set cg_dismember 2 in the console AFTER you have already joined the server so the setting gets written to the correct jk2mpconfig.cfg file. On the FFA-CTF server, if you hit someone across the head with a lightsaber, you'll see their head fly off and bounce as it rolls on the ground trailing smoke. Hit them across the waist and you cut them in half. On the Disruption Instagib server, a headshot with the Disruptor rifle blows their head off. Good gory fun!

Originally posted by AdminAmidala

if you hit someone across the head with a lightsaber, you'll see their head fly off and bounce as it rolls on the ground trailing smoke. Hit them across the waist and you cut them in half. On the Disruption Instagib server, a headshot with the Disruptor rifle blows their head off. Good gory fun!

My avatar is from a screen shot on that server, the demo in this link shows my head getting blown off and landing in my lap.

Originally posted by AdminAmidala

It depends on whether you are talking about the Single Player or Multiplayer games, because the commands are different. For the Single Player game, open the console (shift+tilde) and type

/set g_saberRealisticCombat 1

For the Multiplayer game, BOTH the Server AND your Client (your computer) must have it enabled. If you are making your own server to play against bots or your friends, type

/set g_dismember 100

in the console to enable it on the server. To enable it on your client, type

/set cg_dismember 1 for just arms and legs whacked off, or

/set cg_dismember 2 for arms, legs, heads, and waist-cuts (cut in half).

/set cg_dismember 0 turns off dismemberment.

Note that you can turn on dismember ment in SP without turning on g_saberRealisticCombat...

Originally posted by Prime

Note that you can turn on dismember ment in SP without turning on g_saberRealisticCombat...

... and you may want to ... as having it on makes it hard NOT to kill everything you come in contact with ... I like to battle, not to wander around like Jar Jar with a lightsaber - uh-oh, oopsie, mesa bein' so sorry bout-in yousa head a-lyin there ...- killing everything in sight without attacking ...

Mike

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

Dismemberment in MP works for a few kills, but after a few dismemberments, the game crashes! So I just have to find a way to live without ripping people's lims off. :duel:

Hmmm, that's the first time I've heard that one, and hundreds of players have experienced the joys of dismemberment on my servers. If you have at least 256MB of RAM, try typing

/set com_HunkMegs 128

in the console, then completely exiting JK2. Restart JK2 and try

/set cg_dismember 2

after joining a dismemberment-enabled server. /set com_HunkMegs 128 increases the memory available to JK2 from 64MB to 128MB, and might help your problem. It also helps when certain large map files like ctf_palace won't load. You can also try

/set cg_dismember 1

for less dismemberment.

Archived