Home

RIAA Subpoenas.....Help Us All

Niwid

The RIAA has issued over 205 subpoenas so far. They are mainly targeting people with a "substantial" number of files or those computers functioning as supernodes....and of course all the ISPs.

http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/riaasubpoenas/

Here is a site that will tell you if you have or have not been issued a subpoena.

I came across an interesting name on the list.....Praetorian....is it possibly our own Praetorian?

In any case, if you have Kazaa, Morpheus, Grokster, or something similar, delete it now!

Lemme dispel some unneccesary paranoia.

If you really look into the criterion of this, it applys to people who SHARE lots of files (And lots of files means like lots of files), so technically if you stop sharing files, you'll be okay, no need to panic and such (Oh, and because this thread is about something no no, it'll be closed soon)

Can you believe that these people are getting away with stealing so much money out of the artists' pockets, though? And then there are the people sharing music....

Seriously, though...it is rediculous the amount of money the record industry takes from the the sale of each album...you hear about it all the time, artists like Aerosmith who had huge sales, but still struggled with money because they only get like $0.03 from each album sold. And there are also laws against price-fixing here in the US of A, yet all the record companies have exactly the same prices for their albums...weird....

Originally posted by Niwid

I came across an interesting name on the list.....Praetorian....is it possibly our own Praetorian?

I can assure you that it isn't me. Reason #1: I wouldn't use KaZaA or any other Peer to Peer program 'cause all the virus junk going through those things. Reason #2: Look at the songs the other praetorian downloaded...Paula Abdul?!?!?:confused: ...you wouldn't catch me dead w/ Paula Abdul music.

Originally posted by STTCT

ROFL

I can so see you now dancing to Paula!!

You can actually see what songs the accused have downloaded?

wow, that freaks me out thinking of myself dancing to Paula

yea, the listing of songs is kinda funny. I look over Praetorian@kazaa's list of songs again...I realized I don't listen to any of that music, let alone Paula. Here's the list:

Michelle Branch - All You Wanted

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted

Pink - Don't Let Me Get Me

Guns N Roses - Paradise City

Phil Collins - Sussudio

Usher - U Don't Have to Call

Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band

U2 - With or Without You

Apparently they are only going after the people who are offering stuff for other to download, 'cause this is a list of what he was offering, not what he had gotten from someone else.

Originally posted by Praetorian

Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band

U2 - With or Without You

Grand Funk and U2? Are you saying that listening to these songs is somehow bad? If so, I'll have your head on a plate!!! Oh...wait...sorry...been playing too much kotor as evil sith people...

That was all he was offering? I'm surprised they didn't get me, I had some 6,000 songs I was sharing with uploads on unlimited and set as a supernode.......(Wait...maybe you were just giving us a few songs....if this is true, disregard my statement :D)

I will never find a logic within those with power of some kind.

Originally posted by Darth Homer

Grand Funk and U2? Are you saying that listening to these songs is somehow bad? If so, I'll have your head on a plate!!! Oh...wait...sorry...been playing too much kotor as evil sith people...

Nooooo...not my head...:mob: ...ahhh

but seriously, no I wasn't saying that, I have nothing wrong with them, I just don't listen to them

Niwid - those were the songs listed on the subpoena. There might be more, I don't know.

Originally posted by Niwid

That was all he was offering? I'm surprised they didn't get me, I had some 6,000 songs I was sharing with uploads on unlimited and set as a supernode.......(Wait...maybe you were just giving us a few songs....if this is true, disregard my statement :D)

I will never find a logic within those with power of some kind.

Maybe they are going after him because of his choice in music.

Archived