Home

System Requirements (merged)

draadje

My guess would be somewhere between the reqs of JO and Elite Force 2. EF2 was based on the same engine, and although not made by Raven, it is still a good indicator. With that in mind, id say between 350 meg processor and 550 meg processor. Probably a 16 meg video card, maybe a bit more. ram will probably be 128 MHZ minimum. I am sure my 128MB video card and 3.2 gig processor with 512 megs of ram will be up to the challenge. =o) Video Settings to the max!

Originally posted by power_ed

why? then cd's is a stupid replacement for 400 3.5 disk's.. less is better

Less is better, but producing one DVD is going to cost more than producing two CDs. There's no reason to switch to DVDs until the disk costs drop significantly.

But the problem is that companies dont find it to be a cost-efficient method just yet, when it gets to be where a game would need 5-6 CDs for just one game, you will need to use DVD which then will be more cost-effective...there is a big difference between limiting 400 floppies to 1 cd as opposed to limiting 2-4 cd's for 1 DVD. I'd say give it another 2-3 years, and then when the games get to big for CD, they will expand on to DVD, plus it will allow for DVD quality rendered screens and such.

using one DVD for a game such as JA is totally irrational and pointless. i agree with Andy, when games come to be 6 CDs or something (Enter the Matrix was 3 install, 1 play) then it would be logical to switch to DVD. otherwise, i can deal with 1, 2, 3, even 4 CDs. besides, its only in some games (like JK) where you have to change the CD mid-game. most others just require more than one for install and one for play.

Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

has i said before the game is going to be on 1 disk on cd. its not going to be on dvd.

That seems kind of odd, since I saw a screenshot on a german site showing JA's launcher and it's system requirements, and it showed them to be about the same (although it said it required DirectX 9.0a) as JKII except that it said it required 1200 MB of HD space...if the final version only has one CD, then where did that other 600 MB of data go? :confused:

[ Outdated leaked beta info most likely. Consider it obsolete. ]

Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

has i said before the game is going to be on 1 disk on cd. its not going to be on dvd.

That seems kind of odd, since I saw a screenshot on a german site showing JA's launcher and it's system requirements, and it showed them to be about the same (although it said it required DirectX 9.0a) as JKII except that it said it required 1200 MB of HD space...if the final version only has one CD, then where did that other 600 MB of data go? :confused:

[ Outdated leaked beta info most likely. Consider it obsolete. ]

Archived