Home

Something that popped in my head today...

Master William

I heard complaints from a guy, and from my self ( :p ) that some species are Male only or Female only.

Now that sucks, I was looking forward to be a Male Zabrak.

So my ''thing that popped in my head today'' is

What if they fix this in a patch? What if now is a bit too late to fix that, so patch by patch they change it? Maybe even add more species?

Who knows what they will do (Ravengames)

Oh my! :c3po::confused:

Damn that AD with ''Are you ready to go to school?'' is blocking my post... :mad:

Originally posted by txa1265

I think that the #1 reason for no male Zabrak is Darth Maul image licensing ... that's my assumption anyway. So itt will be left to the mod community to fill in.

Mike

mmm, hmmmm...

and i suppose they should remove human male for luke and kyle image liscensing? and human female for leia? Bahh player made mods are better than nothing but they just can't compare to official so lets hope for the patch

Originally posted by Dr_night

mmm, hmmmm...

and i suppose they should remove human male for luke and kyle image liscensing? and human female for leia? Bahh player made mods are better than nothing but they just can't compare to official so lets hope for the patch

Pardon me while I recharge my brain ...

I had heard that about Darth Maul and not really thought it through (apparently ;) )

So I have to revise my answer to ... no clue!

Mike

There will always be at least one or two little details where we disagree with Raven's choices in the game.

It's sort of like the blue saber deal. I ranted and raved (well not really, but I did make a few long-winded silly comments about it) about how it should be orange, blah, blah, blah.

But in the end I accepted it, and used the cheat code to change it to how I wanted.

It'll be the same here. If you don't like what they give you for skin choices, you can always turn to mods.

(I'm already considering using a red saber cheat, for example, and the Mercenary Kyle skin for him in SP).

Well...I really think Raven tried to put in as many unique and exciting SW moments as possible.

They had to put in human males/females- no way around that. However, NONE of the other species plays a big role the movies. Most arenot even in the movies.

Twi'lek females- background in Jabba's Palace.

Zabrak females- zilch.

Kel-dor male- again, background, at the Jedi Temple.

Rodian- gets shot by Han Solo.

The point is to have UNIQUE player characters- as in YOUR OWN JEDI PADAWAN. The point is not to play as Obi-wan Kenobi or Darth Maul or whoever. This is also why YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE YOUR NAME- so we don't have people running around in SP named Darth Mauluss or Obi-Two Kenobi. YOU are a Jedi Padawan in this game. YOU ARE NOT any famous Star Wars character. This game is designed so your character is UNIQUE- NOT so your player is something directly from the movies.

Yes, but remember, you're unique...just like everybody else.;)

Aaaaanyway, I'm sure the modding community will address the gender issues. The good thing about such an enigmatic main character is that I can replace Jaden with many different models/skins and it will still work fine in the SP storyline. (unlike the previous JK games, where it felt a little awkward playing as somebody other than Kyle in SP)

Twi'lek females- background in Jabba's Palace.

Don't forget in the background in TPM (attending Subulba for example before the pod race), and there was a female Twi'Lek Jedi seen in AOTC (when the surviving Jedi are being fenced in by the Droids and Dooku makes his "surrender or die" speech.

Also we've seen male Twi'lek's in the movies... Bib Fortuna is Jabba's henchman in TPM and ROTJ. There were also a few Twi'leks seen in AOTC, like that fat senator and the chubby girl in the bar where they cut off Zam's arm.

Zabrak females- zilch.

Yeah, we first saw one in SWG. In the movies of course there are two prominent male Zabraks... Darth Maul in TPM and another Zabrak Jedi in the Jedi Council (may also have been glimpsed in AOTC, but I forget).

Kel-dor male- again, background, at the Jedi Temple.

Yes, Plo Koon in TPM and AOTC. I forget if he's shown in the Genosis Arena or not... just about everybody else was there...

Rodian- gets shot by Han Solo.

Right, there are several Rodian males in Jabba's entourage (glimpsed in ANH and ROTJ), including Greedo. We also see young Greedo (deleted scene) and the fat rodian friend of Anakin's in TPM. In ROTJ Special Edition we see a Rodian female dancer at Jabba's.

So we've never seen a female Kel Dore, but that's about it. And no female Zabraks in the films (but in SWG).

simple solution: if there's a model/race that doesnt ship with the game, make your own!

Im sick of people bitching about things that are included/left out of the game, like Raven 'owes' it to them to put it in. They dont owe you nothin', you should put some back into the community by contributing a user made model.

Exactly. They worked hard to bring us the games that we are all here for. They can't come here and heed to every request. They will take good things from other games, add a few of their own, and see if it works. If it doesn't work, they must remove it and/or add something else in.

They also had a limited amount of time. They pretty much have to bring it in before Christmas, and as many people know, it usually takes the average mapper at least 3 months, usually more like 6, to make a high quality map. Some have taken far more than that. They need to make 29 maps, i think. Then there are skins, models, gfx, effects, etc.

In JK2, a bunch of people felt that there were some issues, so Raven was flooded with e-mails demanding a fix. They went back to work to fix it, but we still weren't satisfied. They sent another, but we complained that the original was better. We sent more e-mails, but they were fed up. They stopped making patches and it turned into bitter arguments among the community.

They don't owe us anything. We owe them our appreciation.

Archived