Home

Jedi Knight: Anime Academy

Leo Soontar

:cool: hey all, i'm big time anime fan and just thought the engine for the JK series would make great anime mods... imagine all the possible anime games that would come up if someone is willing to do it... :confused: hope hope :o

anime fans, imagine himura kenshin or inu-yasha sword fighting in MP. wouldn't that be so so so cool? :amidala: they could shout out "Ryu Tsui Sen" and "Kuzu Ryuu Sen"!!! like that when you use special moves. just attach a sound sample from the anime to the fighting sounds.... it would be easy to mod it right? sorry i suck i modding. i wish someone would do it though,.... please??? :confused::(

I think that it would be more popular if they made anime character skins that were usuable in MP.

I will begin work on several skins that I have thought of when I get to it. My favorite ideas:

1. A skin of Armitage, from armitage 3 - Dual Matrix. How badass would that be. With the red jacket and the chains.

2. Some eva skins. I know, I know, sacrilige, but it has to be done.

3. I'm not sure if someone has already done this one, but a robocop skin is a must! Need I say more?

4. Finally, a penguin skin. we all know, penguins are some of the most vicious animals in nature, and I would love to see a penguin wall run. Wouldn't you?

last thing, skinning isn't TOO difficult. It just takes a lot of time a patience. Give it a try, you might like it.

later.

If you want, go for it. There was at least one somewhat elaborate Dragonball Z mod that came out RECENTLY for JK1.

Now I'm not a big japanese anime fan, but I am all for more original mods coming out for games I like. ; )

And who says every mod has to be Star Wars based? We will have billions of SW based mods since this is a SW game. But the area of non-SW mods is wide open!

I'm not a fan of anime, either ... but the recent demo of XIII showed (for me anyway) how a simple change in presentation style (in that case it was comic book) can really alter the flow of gaming.

So the exact same game, in a different style (anime) with different models, would play very differently.

So ... go for it !

Mike

Originally posted by Tinny

i was thinking a ninja turtle mod, leanardo could use the dual sabre animations while using the 2 katanas, and dontatelo can use the saber staff animations while weidling the boa, it'd be pretty cool :D

What about Raphael's Sai's and Michaelangelo Nun-Chucks? I remember those days watching TMNT on Sat. Morning. What's up with the new series? Anyways, I would support that. I am getting more into anime so I would also support an anime mod. Sword fights of any kind are always great. Any good animes out there?

Originally posted by yolkboy

What about Raphael's Sai's and Michaelangelo Nun-Chucks? I remember those days watching TMNT on Sat. Morning. What's up with the new series? Anyways, I would support that. I am getting more into anime so I would also support an anime mod. Sword fights of any kind are always great. Any good animes out there?

it'd be really hard to implement it to balance stuff out, i guess Raphael could have same dual saber animations as leo but smaller range but has the ability to climb walls while sticking his sai's in there or mike could have more projectile weapons, i dunno :/

See that's the thing, we already have a TON of quality Star Wars mods for JK2.

Since it will be no trouble at all to port those to JA, we essentially already have a big pile of SW stuff! So why not non-SW mods?

I don't see any reason why people shouldn't pursue this. ; )

Originally posted by Kurgan

See that's the thing, we already have a TON of quality Star Wars mods for JK2.

Since it will be no trouble at all to port those to JA, we essentially already have a big pile of SW stuff! So why not non-SW mods?

I don't see any reason why people shouldn't pursue this. ; )

Exactly, Kurgan! :D Love you! lol

Originally posted by flabajaba2213

I think that it would be more popular if they made anime character skins that were usuable in MP.

I will begin work on several skins that I have thought of when I get to it. My favorite ideas:

1. A skin of Armitage, from armitage 3 - Dual Matrix. How badass would that be. With the red jacket and the chains.

2. Some eva skins. I know, I know, sacrilige, but it has to be done.

3. I'm not sure if someone has already done this one, but a robocop skin is a must! Need I say more?

4. Finally, a penguin skin. we all know, penguins are some of the most vicious animals in nature, and I would love to see a penguin wall run. Wouldn't you?

last thing, skinning isn't TOO difficult. It just takes a lot of time a patience. Give it a try, you might like it.

later.

yeah but the models would be a pain in the ass

Archived