Home

JKII maps in JA?

jarek

Yeah, I was thinking it shouldnt be too hard. I just figured there might be a legal issue with someone outside of Raven/Lucasarts releasing those maps, since they were created by the company rather than just a map maker. The new CTF maps are cool, I just want to be able to play the new game with the old maps, ya know?

Originally posted by Gabrobot

Raven has said that Jedi Academy will 'Automagically' convert JO levels to JA by itself, so you don't need to worry. :)

Yeah, but thats only if you have JK2 installed :p.....which i don't at the moment :(

Re-Installs :D

No...

The majority of maps don't have any custom textures, usually all a map pk3 has is a levelshot, a level script and the level.

I know that there are only 3 files in the Bespin Towers pk3.

It really comes down to:

1) will Raven include all the JK2 textures to make the transition seamless

2) if not, will they allow us to release maps with JK2 textures without legal issues. Although in fairness this is more a LEC issue than a Raven one.

I guess like everything else, we'll have to wait and see how easy (or troublesome) it is to use the JK2 maps in JO. I'd have to agree with DeTRiTiC though, that the CTF maps in JO left a lot to be desired. The Garrison one is the worst, and the tightest one with the best game flow is Bespin Shafts - but they all have issues.

It would be good to see more CTF maps with better game flow, but I have a feeling there won't be many included in JA again.

I'd be more inclined to play some of the better FFA and Duel maps from JO in JA.

Archived