Home

Not enough Customization for you? Try these cool Demo cheats!

Kurgan

[ Update: There is a LOT of information in this thread, so you owe it to yourself to read through the whole thing. I hope you enjoy playing around with the options in the game as much as we have! ]

Thanks to Lost Welshman who posted this in the Swamp and I just happened upon it by accident.

You can play as ANY CHARACTER MODEL IN THE GAME, simply by going into the console (DEVMAPALL may be needed first)

and type: Playermodel <modelname>

Where modelname is whatever NPC you want to use!

I played around with it for awhile, even played as R2D2 and C3pO (you have only limited abilities as them and the game messes up a bit).

But sure to save first though, because I'm not sure how to switch back once you've gone droid (otherwise just type playermodel player).

Anyway, this greatly expands the amount of species you can be.

You just have to know the names.

Here is that NPC spawn list again:

Human_Merc

Kyle

Kyle_Boss

Chewie

Weequay

Weequay2

Weequay3

Weequay4 (like the Trandoshan, the colors are random)

Rodian

Rodian2 (no jacket)

Gran

Gran2

Granshooter

Granboxer

Jawa (lol)

Trandoshan (different colors possible)

Reborn_New

Reborn_New2

Reborn_Staff

Reborn_Dual

Rebornweequay (untextured)

Reborntrandoshan (see above)

Rebornrodian (see above)

Cultist (gun)

Cultist_Destroyer

Cultist_Drain

Cultist_Grip

Cultist_Lightning (untextured model)

Cultist_Saber

Cultist_Saber_Throw

Cultist_Saber_Med

Cultist_Saber_Strong

Cultist_Saber_Strong_Throw

Cultist_Saber_Strong_Throw2

Cultist_Saber_All

Jedi_Random (various good guy helpers from the Academy!)

CultistCommando (very cool indeed)

R2D2

R5D2 (the red one)

R5D2_imp (looks the same as above)

Protocol (C3PO)

Protocol_Imp ("Death Star" Droid)

Luke (untextured and no saber)

Very cool, and so simple, yet I never tried it until now. Probably works in JK2 too...

Edit: Nevermind, the same command does NOT work in JK2 (Jedi Outcast) SP. There is a similar command for multiplayer though (for changing skins).

Some odd things happen in JA if you change to an enemy... your NPC allies will attack you! However you can change the playerteam enemy/playerteam player commands to fix this. Quickly use "NoTarget" to stop your allies from attacking, make sure the above are fixed, then turn "NoTarget "off again.

If you switch to playermodel rodian or rodian2 then switch back to player (and you picked a rodian at the beginning of the game in the character creation thing) you will have a "proper" rodian voice.

Switch to Kyle anytime to "reset" any changes to your characters sounds/size/movement, then back to player to restore your original skin.

Sadly, none of the playermodel changes affect the cutscenes.

Also, when you switch to a model, your force powers and saber "Default" to whatever that character had (ie: as kyle you switch to a blue single saber) but you can cheat to change those of course. You get unique taunts for most people too.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great!

But, does anyone know it it's possible to change sabers in th game while playing? for example: I start the game with a double saber, but suddenly I want to use two sabers. Is there any way to change inside the game(without abandoning the current game)?

3 Sabers, yes! Nice one.

It seems to combine the moves of Dual Sabers and Saberstaff (ie: you can do the kick moves and katas for the staff, plus the double back stabs and the twirling "saber shield" of the Dual Sabers).

It lags my game a lot though, sadly (and the blades seem to hop off the handles it is so choppy sometimes). : (

I was almost a match for Kyle, fought him on top of the Falcon and in the hanger bay for awhile, but he eventually CUT ME IN HALF (whoa.. never seen that before in JA).

I also noticed if you turn into a Jawa, then turn into somebody else (like player) you are still small!

Seems there is a bug in the JA demo (at least for me) you can only take 9 screenshots, then it just starts overwriting them in your directory. So if I want to keep them I have to keep moving them to other folders... weird.

Anyway, my pics of triple saber madness... ; )

shot0006.thumb.jpg.3ff6424779a20f89306a8b578a25317a.jpg

Yes, you can change sabers mid game.

(DEVMAPALL in the console of course)

Saberstaff:

Saber "Dual_1" (1-5 for hilts)

Single:

Saber

(or)

Saber "Single_1" (1-9 for hilts)

Dual Sabers:

Saber 1 "Single_1" (see above)

Saber 2 "Single_1" (see above)

shot0007.thumb.jpg.faee2483ae407fbe76f0db5712e35c9b.jpg

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yes, you can change sabers mid game.

(DEVMAPALL in the console of course)

Saberstaff:

Saber "Dual_1" (1-5 for hilts)

Single:

Saber

(or)

Saber "Single_1" (1-9 for hilts)

Dual Sabers:

Saber 1 "Single_1" (see above)

Saber 2 "Single_1" (see above)

Thanks!

Yeah, and to change blade colors:

Saberstaff:

sabercolor 1 <color1> <color2>

Single Saber:

saber 1 <color>

Dual Sabers:

saber 1 <color1>

saber 2 <color2>

I renamed the thread since we're talking about a bunch of stuff now.

Btw, here's how to use fists ("Melee") again:

(in console)

bind <key1> give weaponnum 14

bind <key2> weapon 14

Hit <key1>, then <key2>. Try it combined with Force Speed to beat people up and do a nice "Agent Smith" from the Matrix impression.

BTW, Kurgan, how did you get chopped in half without some kind of cheat? (g_saberrealisticcombat dosen't work in the demo)

I honestly *don't know.*

Perhaps you can always cut people in half, it's just really really really rare?

Or maybe it's something only Kyle can do? Not sure...

Like I said, that screenshot is the first time I've ever seen it in all the time I've spent playing the demo.

Kurgan, you can have more than 9 screenshots. I have more than 20. What its doing is starting the naming convention over every time I start the game. So the first screenshot I take each time I turn the game on will be called shot000.jpg and so on. Thats what cuases the overwriting. Other games have done that as well.

Not that it makes a difference, however. You still need to either move or rename your screenshots if you want to keep them.

I just got cut in half and I also got decapitated as a jawa jedi, lol.

Something I noticed was when you switch to the reborn hilts you get shorter saber blades like the reborn have and the sound of activation and deactivation is different, I actually like it more.

These codes are very cool. If you turn into various enemies the taunts overlap though. I went player>reborn>rodian>player. My player had silent taunts then I got reborn taunts then I got rodian mixed with reborn, and when I went back to player I still had reborn.

I also got 3 sabers. It is the biggest cheese ever. I loathe the day when a JA mod comes out where you can have 3 sabers and people will spam the twirls. You do the saberstaff twirl, and the dual twirl at the same time!!! I'm glad that isn't possible in MP.

I've also repeatedly beaten Kyle_boss on Jedi diffuculty. I beat him with medium(yellow) single saber. I just whored drain and used the kata when I could get him in a corner. He is very good at pulling your saber away though. His grapple moves are also a pain. Most of all he has a super grip throw though. If you don't push out of grip he will throw you super fast into a pit or into a wall.

If you abuse drain though he isn't hard to beat. He has twice your force pool though so he can use cheap combos (protection/absorb/heal).

So far this game looks very promising. If we can pull off the same force stunts in mp I doubt I will ever put this game down. lightning/drain is brutal and it looks especially cool when your close range. Also using lighting with both hands is awesome. Darkside definitely got some improvements. If mindtrick is neutral like it should be I will be darkside all the way.

You also get fists as a weapon if you turn into a granboxer. :D

Kurgan, you can have more than 9 screenshots. I have more than 20. What its doing is starting the naming convention over every time I start the game. So the first screenshot I take each time I turn the game on will be called shot000.jpg and so on. Thats what cuases the overwriting. Other games have done that as well.

Not that it makes a difference, however. You still need to either move or rename your screenshots if you want to keep them.

I agree with your assesment of the problem, but that's not the issue.

JK2 for example would NOT overwrite existing shots. If you had previously deleted shot0000.jpg for example, but you had a shot0001.jpg, then it would place the new screenshot in the first available spot, but it would NOT delete the old ones, and certainly not when you started a new game.

The JA demo is the first game I've seen display this behavior, and it's annoying. Could it be a setting in my cfg file needs changing?

Glad you guys like the cheat for 3 sabers :D

The only problem is when using the Staff & the 3rd saber the guy doesn't walk proparly :(

But it is a fun cheat anyway, so enjoy :D

Oh and a little publicity, lol how nice :D

Time to discover more wierd and wonderful cheats :)

In adding to the changing sabers code that Kurgan has posted, you can also change your saber to Kyle's, you put in the console,

Saber Kyle For a single saber using Kyle Saber Model.

Saber Kyle Kyle For 2 Sabers using the Kyle Saber Model.

Enjoy :D

Archived