Home

Dark Forces II Enhanced (JK Mod) Discussion

J_Bond

Hi folks,

can anyone tell me something about the current status of the "Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight Enhanced"-MOD? I was very excited when I heard about it. It was one of my favorite games, but the graphic quality today is terrible. I hope that there is still someone working on it. I'm looking forward to play that as an Jedi Outcast-MOD (or perhaps Jedi Academy?). Does perhaps a webpage exists for it?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Katarn07, and sorry for opening this thread here at the Dark Forces MOD site. But at the moment there is only one page at the Dark Forces II Enhanced site with a huge image, but no link or any information. I hope that there will be more soon.

@spsblue

Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to hear some informations. I'm not able to program, so I don't believe that I could help someone. Perhaps you can tell us something more about the current status. I'm looking forward to hear more of this brilliant MOD.

Originally posted by J_Bond

@spsblue

Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to hear some informations. I'm not able to program, so I don't believe that I could help someone. Perhaps you can tell us something more about the current status. I'm looking forward to hear more of the this brilliant MOD.

OK this is how its coming along we have a few maps near completion. textures are coming along but slowly as the team has more mappers the demo of the first level is still being worked on its just taking its time as i have so much work on at the moment and im mapping when i can along with other projects with microsoft work on the dark jedi is still going on bloodriots had some major PC problems and he was left with out a pc of most of the summer im waiting on the final ok on yun and sariss at the moment i think bloodriots going to work on boc next now that the JA modeling tools are avalible. The valley of the jedi level is looking nice. some team members have been away on holiday so we had a mojor slow down in the summer and now everyones back to uni or collage etc things are gonna start to sort them selfs out slowly. the word on the site i have spoken to the guy working on it and im a bit lost at his awnser so im hoping to have something sorted out soon. We still need mappers codders texture artists and modelers to work on characters and weapons

After beating Jedi Academy, I went back to the original Jedi Knight, since I never did beat it when I got it, but still have the CDs... so, what the hell, might as well go through it... On level 9 so far, and its good to hear that someone is recreating the game in the Academy engine, since it will be really cool to play it again with the better graphics and saber combat that Academy provides.

One thing im wondering, about force points and stuff, are you still gonna stick with the original design and have to find all the secret areas in order to get all the force points? Its just one of my gripes with Jedi Knight: dark forces 2, and having to find all the secret areas to get a decent ammount of force powers, other then that, the game is brilliant, and still great, even compared to todays games. And its even harder on medium then Jedi Academy is on Jedi Master.

The secret area thing, if possible to incorporate, would be for the better. That way, you have fewer powers and are challenged. If you're lucky to snag all the secret areas, all the more power to you. I replayed JK and got all the secret areas in only about 8 of the 15 levels. The other 6 levels are saber duels and have no secret areas. Not entirely positive all 15 FPS levels had secret areas.

EDIT - Reaps, why don't you move the mod over to JK.net like the DF one? Wouldn't that be better, with them hosting the site and forums on LF? I'd post like crazy for that mod too! :p

Originally posted by Katarn07

The secret area thing, if possible to incorporate, would be for the better. That way, you have fewer powers and are challenged. If you're lucky to snag all the secret areas, all the more power to you. I replayed JK and got all the secret areas in only about 8 of the 15 levels. The other 6 levels are saber duels and have no secret areas. Not entirely positive all 15 FPS levels had secret areas.

EDIT - Reaps, why don't you move the mod over to JK.net like the DF one? Wouldn't that be better, with them hosting the site and forums on LF? I'd post like crazy for that mod too! :p

we are hosted where having alot of trouble with the site and web master at the moment whats peeing me off as untill we have the site up we cant have public forums all the scripts and stuff is in place we just need someone to sort out a lay out etc as ive not heard anything from the guy whorking on it for a few weeks again :(:mad: and its stressing me out as its one more thing to worry about

Just a crazy thought; a stupid insane thought. I think it would be cool to have the Dark Forces uber mod for JA. Where when all the mods are finished (DF, JK:DF2, MOTS (Is there someone working on MOTS?)) they are all combined into a seamless uber mod. Heck even convert the JO maps to JA (would that really be that hard?) and tag it onto the uber DF mod.

Then again its just a stupid, crazy idea. The mods arn't even finiished yet. Pay this post no mind :-)

Ive actually had the same thought, having all 4 of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series games playable under one executable would just be very cool, and handy... Though im fine with just being released seperatly simply for the sake of playing through the originals with better graphics and quickload feature and better saber combat in Jedi Knight and stuff...

When will the website be ready for showing for the Jedi Knight enhanced mod? I have it bookmarked, though its still at this point just the coming soon picture, and id just love to see more of the mod whenever possible.

Archived