Home

2 Years Later...

Kylilin

Exactly Ray. Too many people hating each other for silly reasons. I'm not a believer in religion. If I told someone I was motivated to do things because of voices in my head I'd be locked up, yet as long as its God, Allah or whoever tells you to do it, it's religion and you're completely sane. If I shot my neighbour and stole his house it would be theft and murder, but for governments, shooting people and stealing their land or resources is a conquest or liberation......

Crazy, crazy world.....

Originally posted by RoyTordesLegend

Exactly Ray. Too many people hating each other for silly reasons. I'm not a believer in religion. If I told someone I was motivated to do things because of voices in my head I'd be locked up, yet as long as its God, Allah or whoever tells you to do it, it's religion and you're completely sane. If I shot my neighbour and stole his house it would be theft and murder, but for governments, shooting people and stealing their land or resources is a conquest or liberation......

Crazy, crazy world.....

Quoted to say you have no clue about anything at all and are probably an idiot.

I remember exactly this day. I was at school, in a biology class...

our teacher told us something happened in the States, but she didn't want to tell us what exactly hapened. Needless to say, the computer lab was full at noon, and cnn.com was a popular site...

What hapened there is terrible... but here (in quebec) we live in a society full of obsessed seperatists, who just hate americans... I even heard some stupid comments I would not dare to post here...

I remember where I was when 9/11 happened. I entered the classroom, me and a few other students waiting for the teacher to arrive. As one student entered, she said "The World Trade Center has just been bombed!" At first I thought she was joking, but when the teacher arrived, she took us down to the student lounge on the next floor to see the media footage. I saw the burning towers on CNN and then I realized, "Oh my god. This is for real." After that, school was shut down for security reasons and we had to go home early.

I do have some memories of the World Trade Center. I went there on a little field trip with a boy scout group. We went to the top of the tower, right onto an observation deck on the roof of the building. I was on top of one of the tallest buildings in the world, at 1,365 feet. The view was incredible. You could see New York Harbor, Central Park.One thing I did there was I saw the river nearby and from where I was standing, I thought the WTC was right near the river, and I tossed a penny over to see if I could land it in the river. Probably not, seeing how it was probably 1,000 feet or so away rom the river. If I were to go there again, I'd rather drop a twinkie, just to see if it could survive the impact.If someone down below catches it, hey, free snack. :)

Another thing I did there was have lunch. On the indoor observation deck there was a little Sbarro's. I grabbed me a pizza slice and root beer. That was the highest altitude meal i've ever had in a building.

Archived