Home

Final Count: 2,893,320 different character combinations in the demo.

xtrazx75

I don't know where LucasArts got the 2000+ unless they didn't include many factors.... It's more like 2 Million Plus! Don't believe me? Let me break it down:

*Note - I am taking into account that a Blue Skin Twi'Lek is DIFFERENT than a Red skin Twi'Lek, also saber hilts and their color come into effect. A person with a Avenger blue saber hilt is different than a person with an Arbituer red saber hilt.*

Head(H) Torso(T) Legs(L) Skin/Clothes Color(CC) Saber Type(ST) Hilt(H) Blade Color(BC)

Human Male: H(3) x T(7) x L(4) x CC(9) x ST(3) x H(9|81|5) x BC(6)

3x7x4x9 = 756 x (saber type: single|dual|staff) x (hilt type) x (blade color)

756 x 1 x 9(single hilts) x 6(blade colors) = 40824

756 x 1 x 81(dual hilt combos) x 6(blade colors) = 367416

756 x 1 x 5(staff hilts) x 6(blade colors) = 22680

40824 + 367416 + 22680 = 430920

SUBTOTAL for Human Male = 430920 combinations

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H Female: H(3) x T(6) x L(4) x CC(9) x ST(3) x H(9|81|5) x BC(6)

3x6x4x9 = 648 x (saber type: single|dual|staff) x (hilt type) x (blade color)

648 x 1 x 9(single hilts) x 6(blade colors) = 34992

648 x 1 x 81(dual hilt combos) x 6(blade colors) = 314928

648 x 1 x 5(staff hilts) x 6(blade colors) = 19440

34992 + 314928 + 19440 = 369360

SUBTOTAL for Human Female = 369360 combinations

Kel Dor Male = 369360 combinations (same as Human Female)

Rodian Male = 369360 combinations (same as Human Female)

Zabrak Female = 369360 combinations (same as Human Female)

Twi'Lek FM: H(3) x T(6) x L(4) x CC(9) x ST(3) x H(9|81|5) x BC(6)

8x6x4x9 = 1728 x (saber type: single|dual|staff) x (hilt type) x (blade color)

1728 x 1 x 9(single hilts) x 6(blade colors) = 93312

1728 x 1 x 81(dual hilt combos) x 6(blade colors) = 839808

1728 x 1 x 5(staff hilts) x 6(blade colors) = 51840

93312 + 839808 + 51840 = 984960

SUBTOTAL for Twi'Lek Female = 984960 combinations

GRAND TOTAL = (sum of all character combinations)

430920 +369360 +369360 +369360 +369360 +984960

GRAND TOTAL = 2 893 320 different character combinations.

*Note don't forget that this includes saber hilts & blade colors, if you exclude that the total would be reduced*

See that's the thing.. WITH the color combinations its over 4,000, without them it's under 2,000.

So where does the "over 2,000" come from?

People are falling all over each other agreeing that the demo options are the same as the full version.

If somebody says to me "over 2,000" I think "more than 2,000, but less than 3,000." Not 4,000 or 1,000.

Hence the mystery...

Originally posted by Kurgan

So let me get this straight, two characters are identical in every way.. body, clothes, saber color.... but because they have different HILTS, they are "different"?

Well, if you say so. ; )

Technically - yes. If I am standing beside my exact carbon clone of myslef - except I'm wearing a blue watch and he's wearing a red watch - we are not visually identical.

Same goes with hilts and blade colors. However if you don't count hilts, blade color's or Saber Styles then there are about 5075 different combinations. But if you do not count these then you are not "absolutely" identical.

Originally posted by Kidso

2 million!??! omf! lol!

The only thing that tells me is that there is going to be more choices in the full version because Raven wouldn't be off by that much, think about it xtraz, think a little bit, lol I know its hard.

I did think about it - and I calculated it in my first post. Remember I noted that I included saber hits, styles and color's into the calculation. If you do not do this than it's a little over 5000 different combinations using just Head/Torso/Legs/Skin-Clothes Color. If you can calulate a lower number than that using the above attributes - please feel free to post it.

Well as far as I know there ARE more combinations on full game, and is no from the beta. in the official site the video of custom...tion shows a diferent male head, also a very old screenshot (I'm going to search for it) shows a human of dark skin with almost a weequay hair (sorry my english is limited).

So unless Raven took out pieces for Combos there are more and the over 2000 may be only head-torso-legs. also concept art shows a lot more options.

I'll edit if I can remember wich site was where I saw the shots.

Originally posted by Master_Payne

Well as far as I know there ARE more combinations on full game, and is no from the beta. in the official site the video of custom...tion shows a diferent male head, also a very old screenshot (I'm going to search for it) shows a human of dark skin with almost a weequay hair (sorry my english is limited).

So unless Raven took out pieces for Combos there are more and the over 2000 may be only head-torso-legs. also concept art shows a lot more options.

I would be "suprised" but of course - extremely happy if Raven added more parts to choose from in the full version. I was concerned about the human heads... In the demo you can choose from 2 male Caucasian(white) heads and 1 Middle-East/Asian(brown) head. There should be a few more ethnic heads like African American or Oriental, like they had in Knights of the Old Republic.... A little more diversity.

What? Black and Chinese people can't join the academy? J/K ;)

I'm hoping raven put more clothes and heads in the final version and left out some in the demo.

I've seen many screenshots of heads and torsos that wern't in the demo also if raven counted hilts saber styles and colours then i think they would have said 2 million + not 2,000+.

Also just wondering.... why does the twi'lek have a ton more heads and skins then anyone else?

I believe the game will contain more clothing, heads, etc..etc because of the huge counts people are getting by adding all the colors and saber hilts and whatever.

I don't think Raven included the sabers, colors, hilts in the count, I am willing to bet that they were just talking about 2000+ head torso and leg combos.

As OutThere stated,

"Also just wondering.... why does the twi'lek have a ton more heads and skins then anyone else?"

I believe its because this was the most promoted char and the others will have an equal amount of heads, torsos, and legs in the full. All evidence supports the theory of there being more char options.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Come on people, cut the guy some slack. Sure, most people won't care, but at least it's had the side effect of once again highlighting the possibility that the full game will contain more skin combos. Here's hoping!

Hey Al, I thought you didn't care about models and skins and stuff. :)

Originally posted by Master_Payne

finally managed to track that screenie down. Looks like dreadlocks to me :).

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Miscellaneous/Games/Jedi_Academy/Screenshots/tfng-ja_05.jpg

There could be several reasons this one is not in the demo.

[*]Raven didn't like it

[*]the .glm format has a limit to the amount of surfaces/polygons it can hold. It was taking up to many polygons and they scrapped it in favor of a torso.

[*]They're holding it back for the final version.

[/list=1]

ps. the Twilek heads aren't that different if you ask me. You only have 2 head variations. 1 with the lekku over the shoulder and one without. They did do multiple skins for both versions, which makes them look a lot more different.

pps. I don't think Raven counted all the color variations for every character. The only character were color variation actually matters is the Twilek. So maybe they just counted that with color variations and all the rest without and then ending up at 2000 combo's?

Archived