Home

Admiral Vostok's plan for SWGB2

Admiral Vostok

The time has come to begin presenting my plan for SWGB2. Unlike others before me I've made mine into a HTML document for readability purposes (and also to show off). I've made the document in the colours of the forum so you'll all feel at home.

At the moment only the Overview is available. I hope to release a new section every week, though if other peoples' efforts are anything to go by I'll fall behind. I'll post a link on this thread every time I release a new section. As discussion continues about the plan in this thread, I may make changes to already released sections.

Now, here is the link:

Admiral Vostok's SWGB2

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

k ive read the whole thing and its pretty damn good. NOOOOOOO pretty damn INCREDIBLE.

1)In your experience advancing thing i think droids should be the exception there no matter how many fights they endure they cant learn new things or get better unless programed 2. Maybe a research which grants them to be built already advanced should come in around the installation stage. (just an idea)

GOD DAMN U I WANNA READ MORE HOW CAN U DO THIS :(

well done cant wait to read more.

Vostok - and you accuse ME of ripping off ideas from other games and people! Seriously, not bad, but your menu system is a pain in the rear. Plus, your resource system seems a bit odd. You need trees but not metal?

Frozted - i think you have a little something hanging off your chin there buddy...

Frozted - Well I intend to only give Experience to some units. Trade Federation Battle Droids earn Experience, as we see Commanders in their Ranks. Super Battle Droids are less human though, and don't earn Experience - they're already really good anyway. This will all be expanded on when I get to the actual Civs.

Windu - The ideas I've taken from other games aren't explicite ideas, and they're already in use by more than one game. For example Experience is used by Red Alert 2 and WarCraft 3.

Also Carbon includes Carbon from trees and Carbon from rock (metal).

some of those ideas are really good but Tibanna Gas i beleieve is used for weapons not for flight wealth seems like a good idea but to generic in my Idea i have each civ with a different name for it under the general catagory of Credits and each civ has a different name for it some of those civs may not fit in especially if it's gonna have space elements Not even in what your cult of ANTI-EU call balsphemy what most of us call truth does not even attempt to claim that their is a gungan space battleship or even that the gungans had their own space ships and neither did the wookies and the naboo had unarmed ships so that's why some may not make it except as a toy box civ or a ground war only mode.

*raises eyebrow at experience concept*

Looks good, Vostok. And just to definitively complete the plagerism cycle, I think Im gonna borrow your classification idea. I like the idea that you are essentially submitting the acceptance to upgrade your installation to a greater level to a superior, although the concept should be modified slightly for those civs that build towns and not bases.

Sith - when I typed it out originally I had two types of civ: those that build bases and those that build townships. I had the Classifications named differently for townships: Settlement, Village, Town, City. However, I thought it was too confusing for something that is really only semantics. So I got rid of the Townships idea, though Naboo, Gungans and Wookiees will still technically be building townships instead of bases.

another_trooper - thanks for the compliment, but you ain't seen nothing yet!

I've added some more stuff to the Overview again, this time it's Power and Neutral Towns. I forgot about these before.

wow i wish i saw this sooner...

Last few days have been gruesome for the forum(looks at JA forum).

Anyway, it looks like you have the best plan and most elaborated plan of the gang up-to-date(due to other forumites' lazyness).

It's wonderful and I wish I could find a flaw to it:D

Thanks for mentionning us by the way!

Actually I think Metal is a good resource, and long ago it was one of the ones I included. I think Carbon is still important though, especially to civs like Wookiees and Rebels. Food is also an essential resource I think, especially for Gungans. I don't want five resources, that would be silly. So I think we'll have to chose between Metal and Gas.

I quite like Gas but I admit there are conceptual problems with it that I haven't fully figured out yet. The fact that it is an air-borne resource is the main one. I had figured the only way to harvest it would be to build a building under it and the Workers essentially "mine" the building. I can't think of many variations on this to create diversity amongst the civs, unlike other resources.

I also like Metal, and the only problem I can see with it is that we'll have to lose Gas. So, pending approval of the Council (all of you guys) I shall change Gas to Metal. If Metal does replace Gas, Gas will still be in the game as a Wealth Resource, which you can harvest as though it were on the ground to avoid complications.

Vostok - well, my idea for gas is this-

- deposits found at varying locations and various densities in the air around the map

- Command Center (or another building) builds Gas Refinery which then automatically seeks out and starts mining the closest Gas deposit

- Gas Refineries can only be attacked by aircraft or anti-aircraft units

- Gas is required for aircraft to fly, ie No gas = grounded aircraft

Also, i think Metal is far more important than Carbon is.

I like gas, after all, it's what Bespin lived from, so it's accurate for the saga.

I don't quite understand Wealth, so, what I think is that there should be 5 resources:

-Food

Used by most civs

-Metal

-Carbon

Depending on the civilization, you could heavily rely in one or the other

-Gas

-Credits

This would be gotten from trading and other operations that should be defined, with this, you pay Bounty hunters and advanced technologies, Empire for example should have easier access to credits than the Rebel Alliance.

I might change it to Metal. It is slightly more realistic, since gas is really only available on certain planets. Although Gas did add a certain Star Wars-y flavour, it can still maintain a presence in the game as a Wealth Resource, though it will necessarily be easier to mine than it would as an individual resource (such as having the Workers able to gather it from the ground).

1) Trooper shooting aircraft is good realism plus its good how you spread it over so they can't just shoot it while flying over unless getting fired at. NICE!!

2) Jedi and Sith losing force powers? ahhh maybe not the best idea but it could work if u explained why u did this. Cause in wc3 a unit could have up to 4 powers/supers could work like Jedi- push, heal, speed , mindtrick sith- push, choke, lightning and turning. Something like that but its all good

3) So the air units while fighting they keep moving but when not wanting to fight they still hover? Maybe hangers that hold up to 10 fighters since they should cost alot more now that they are strong. Which should just come out of the airbase and once engaging they fly out of the hanger and return when you tell them to.

1) Thanks! I hope Sithmaster likes it as he was the strongest opposed to Troopers shooting Air.

2) Yeah originally I had Jedi keeping all their powers, but then I thought there should be some incentive to keep both Knights and Masters instead of just always upgrading to Masters. As such the Knight's powers are good for dealing with many weaker units while the Master's are good for dealing with very powerful units. If the Master was everything a Knight was and more there would be no reason to keep Knights around. I'll add this in a box on the side because this is something I thought a fair bit about.

3) Well we've discussed this and decided returning to hangars is too restrictive and not really very Star-Wars-y. So no hangars. Also I don't like hangars.

Archived