Home

Admiral Vostok's plan for SWGB2

Admiral Vostok

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, having heard nothing from my old website host, I went out and found a new place to put all my stuff. So I've finally made the changes to the Confederacy, plus added some stuff in the Civ Outline Overview about how the Command Centers work, and finally put up the Galactic Empire design. Check it all out here or follow the link in my sig.

Something else I decided to add:

In the two newest RTS games I've played (AoM and C&C:G) there is some way for most of the civs to gain additional funding even when their resources have dried up. This is even evident in SWGB1 with Holocron gathering, but the self-reliability is more pronounced in AoM (with the ability to trade with yourself, Town Center to Market) and C&C:G (at least with the Chinese and their Hackers... I haven't played the other civs yet).

I thought a unique way for each civ to gan additional wealth would be a really cool idea. So far I've only done it for the Confederacy and the Empire, as they're the only civs up at the moment (someone please give me feedback on the Empire!). The Confederacy uses Internal Trading to gain extra Wealth, while the Empire uses Taxation. At the moment these extra Wealth gathering abilities are either listed under the Resource Gathering part or the Trading part.

I lik eht idea about the extra funding seems more real to have other sources of resources then just collecting them for themselves.

Here are some others I came up with-

Maybe for the TF they deploy a scrap Metal Pick-Up Refinery anything mechanical that is abandoned on the field Scavenger Droid scan the field and pick up the material take it back to the lot and grind all the resources out of it(Even enemy materials). Any unit, worker that you don't want instead of deleting it send it here and get resources for it. Roughly you'll get 50% of resources back of the unit costs.

Research on this building could be instead of refunding some of the cost of the metal it just uses it to make droids every full load creates 2 Battle Droids. (But are only half as good as build ones).

That Confed idea is good but it would work better for Naboo seeing as there towns trade and the Confed are one big organisation.

Confed would be good with the bounty idea kinda like on C&C Generals every unit they kill they get paid a small amount eacg unit like 2 credits each troop, 10 credits each small mech, 2 credits each worker, 50 credits each hvy mech, heroes/commanders 100 credits (if added).

Something like that.

That's fine. More than welcome :)

There's a couple of points I put in the Empire that haven't been widely discussed on the forums:

1) Prefab Shelters provide a smaller amount of pop, forcing the Empire to build more and thus take up more room.

2) The use of the Imperial Officer (variations on this idea have been suggested, but I think mine is workable).

As an aside, I did some in-depth research concerning the AoM Titans Expansion. No doubt you've done the same, Sith... or perhaps you already have it to play. It seems that Gaia has a unique trait called Lush which is very similar to StarCraft's Zerg Creep and WarCraft 3's Undead Blight... this leads me to believe that our Swamp idea for Gungans will work, if Ensemble has now adopted it from Blizzard without a problem...

Archived