Home

Admiral Vostok's plan for SWGB2

Admiral Vostok

Frozted - maybe you should check your facts before shooting off at the mouth.

For your information, i have NEVER played or seen ANY Warcraft game, and i have played C&C Generals ONCE (one mission)

So how, exactly, have i stolen ideas from them?

The ideas posted in my SWGB2 document are my own. I have looked at features of other successful RTS', including SWGB, and modified some features found there in order to create a blending of the best of different RTS' while including new idea's.

To finish, i am very annoyed at the moment, and if you want to crap on like that again, i will put you on ignore permanently. Constructive criticism is fine, your post is not.

Vostok - you realise that you just gave yourself the reasoning behind having troopers not shoot at air, dont you?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windu - no I don't realise. Please point this out to me.

Also, I wouldn't go off so much at Frozted when you've said yourself in the past "I've taken the best ideas from RTS games and combined them for SWGB2" in relation to your Wookiee Mirage Tank and what have you. So I don't see why you're so offended.

Dovin Basal- Iron Curtain (RA2)

Communications Center Wookiee- Human call to arms (WC3)

Royal Canon- Grand Cannon (RA2)

Ion Canon- EMP Pulse (Generals)

Clone Factory- Cloning Vats (RA2)

Hutts Monk Unit- Terror Drone (RA2)

Rocket Troop- Tank Hunter, Missile Defender (Generals)

Rebel Engineer- Engineer (RA2)

Rebel Bothan Spy- Allied Spy (RA2)

Hmmmmm keep blasting me I like it :D

Vostok - im offended because frozted had basically accused me of plagarism. I do not appreciate that.

With infantry, you said in reference to Hailfire Droids-

"if we allow them to shoot ground but they suck at it it is unrealistic, but if we don't allow them to shoot ground it is possible they can do it and are good at it but are concentrating on Aircraft"

Swap 'ground' and 'aircraft' and you have your reasoning. Add to that your statement that you dont care if infantry shoot air or not, and you have your reasons why they shouldnt.

Frozted - no, it isnt. The ideas for my SWGB2 doc have come from-

1. Myself

2. Rise of Nations

3. Command & Conquer RA2

4. Age of Mythology

5. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

and others, in no particular order.

Also, because SWGB has ranged infantry, does that mean they stole the idea off AoE?

Okay, so my reasoning, according to you, should be this:

"if we allow them to shoot aircraft but they suck at it it is unrealistic, but if we don't allow them to shoot aircraft it is possible they can do it and are good at it but are concentrating on ground"

That makes no sense, Windu, because:

:atat: Infantry do suck at shooting aircraft, so it wouldn't be unrealistic to make them that way.

:atat: Not allowing them to shoot aircraft won't make you think it is possible for them to be good against aircraft but are concentrating at the ground, because they suck against Aircraft.

Remember Windu, Troopers can only shoot Aircraft once the said Aircraft has shot at them. Obviously they are switching their attention to airborne threat rather than just getting shot like fish in a barrel.

I know some of them came from yourself, swgb but lets get real do u really want to mix star wars with red alert like a royal cannon like come on how far off track can u go a cannon in star wars they probably had that 10000 years ago in there time but not in this SW time frame.

Im only pointing out the similarties with some of your ideas and other games on the market. Just pointing this out so you can improve your template and not look like a bunch of stuff stolen from other games.

i just read the confed ideas for this template looking good i must say didnt read it before cause i havent been online for about a week.

the only problem i see is the hailfire droid should shoot ground it didnt really do a good job against the AT TE's it only hit one all the rest flew into clusters of troops. Why dont u just make there armor weak bad vs melee and not very accurate great vs groups but 1v1 not very good.

i like the way you incorporated what the factions make into buildings where they build there units very cool :cool:

damn i wish the battlecore could be added in the game but i cant c how it could fit the only way is if each player got a planet each but way to complicated.

Very well, due to popular demand (and the fact that in principle it slightly conflicts with my Troopers-shooting-Aircraft desire) the Hailfire Droid shall be able to shoot ground targets. However, it is not as effecient at killing Mechs as the Homing Spider Droid, as the Homing Spider Droid has greater range and accuracy. The Homing Spider Droid also has greater Armor and HP, and is slightly better vs Infantry. Hopefully this still makes the Homing Spider Droid attractive enough to include as well as the Hailfire Droid.

Well I intend to let the Droid Starfighter do that as well. They would be considerably weaker on the ground, since their lasers are basically pointing down with their legs, but their supposed light missile launchers are still usable. I intend to make them fairly slow on the ground, with less armor (due to being more exposed with a larger profile), and a very low ranged attack. The only use they'll be is to escape Anti-Air fire, I suppose. I want to make a bit of a better gameplay reason for wanting to do it, but as the Trade Federation is second last alphabetically I haven't really thought much about them yet :D

Well seems my idea for an air unit that can go on land has caught on from the Geonosian Warrior.

Your ideas are getting even better Vostok be sure to check my idea in the next few days i'm going t be posting a question for a civ so people can chose between them i'll be doing a basic outline

For The Droid Starfighter when it's Walking That's Called Patrol Mode and it has a better sensor range when on the ground which i found suprising when i checked the Truth but hey so it is writen so it is fact

The Prophet Of Truth

The True Way

Well I hardly see the point for the geonosian warrior for landing. I mean he will be able to dodge anti-air but will be slaughtered by ranged ground units.

That's kind of a problem I was thinking about the Droid Starfighter in patrol mode. If you make it too strong then he'll be overpowered(due to the relatively small cost of it and its abilities) and if he's not strong enough, avoiding anti-air to be slaughtered by ground forces is kinda dumb.

Well in my idea, the Droid can land, but as Vostok said, it's really only to avoid AA, although it does havesome interesting scout possabilities.

As for the Geonosian Warrior, i have no idea what Viceroy is on about, but in my idea, instead of flying, it 'hovers' like the Probot to make it more realistic in terms of combat and make better gameplay.

Maybe Windu you should read other people's idea's instead of waxing lyrically how good your own are and saying that nothing is wrong with them which many people disagree especially on the subject of rockets we all pray that you see the light and drop the imbisillic rocket idea

Well first of all I'm sick of hearing about his template cause it has no balance what so ever so keep it in your own forum and don't flatter yourself over it please. I would rather listen to people who actually play it and know what they are on about then listen to someone who doesn't know how frustrating it is when things aint balanced or copied from another game.

Archived