Home

Admiral Vostok's plan for SWGB2

Admiral Vostok

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we are putting more attention into Vostok's template then his...

I guess you guys don't undertand.

In the time of the Great Evil Gunship thread, Windu used to talk about the Gunship as an airborne assault mech(I could be wrong my memory is fading).

We don't want anyone ever calling the Gunship AT-AT of the sky...

LOL I just found out gunship has 7 lasers 4 cannon lasers and 3 light turrent lasers

So they are a strong aircraft.

Ohhhhh and the Confed pulse cannon thing is also great vs fighters I just found out that droids fired it at the gunships which use to through it out of control or destroy it in the air.

Phreak - no, it's not like the SWGB Air Cruiser

Luke - i mentioned that it was an 'airborne AT-AT' because it forms the nucleus of any Republic assault, and has comparable firepower. The Gunship has the unique ability to land infantry into a hot LZ, then perform CAS for those infantry for the duration or until they are shot down.

It shouldn't be anything like an AT-AT.

- AT-ATs have very strong armour and heaps of hit points. Gunships have very weak armour and few hit points.

- AT-ATs have a huge range with a powerful area effect blast. Gunships have a short range with many less powerful lasers.

- AT-AT is very slow. Gunship is relatively fast.

- You transport units in an AT-AT for protection. You transport units in a Gunship for mobility.

I Know you'll all kill me for asking but would a star wars cartoon show be EU?

because if you lot hink it isn't then your unit problems' for the republic are sorted Vostok i was checking Star Wars .com and i saw lambada like fighter that belonged to the republic that was anti fighter so that might solve your problems

I LOVE the idea about getting buildings ordered in it's like tiberian Dawn with NOD ordering in their units that was so cool.

Viceroy, Frozted - Yes they are EU, but as they don't violate Vostok's Laws of Non-Canon Units I might include them. I saw them on the official site not long ago, though didn't do too much reading into them.

I might update the Republic with a couple of these units to fill in the holes, and in the process fix up the gunship a bit more. Also due to many assignments I should be doing instead of posting here and writing civ designs, the next update of the Gungans may be a while coming.

Okay folks, whilst being bored stiff by assignments I re-did the Republic with suggestions from above and added units from *GASP* EU. I decided people were right and they needed more units, so I took what I could from some of the better EU suggested by Viceroy and Frozted.

I also changed the workings of the Jedi Starfighter, added Luke's Dad's Ion Gunner, and tweaked a couple of other minor things.

Well then, I shal continue. Here's the Gungan Grand Army up a bit early, because I got bored of assignments. I had a lot of fun writing this one, especially making up the names, but there's also some really characterful units I've added from the movies. My favourite so far!

However, I couldn't think of a good way for Gungans to earn extra Wealth, like the Confederacy's internal trading, the Empire's taxation and the Republic's Jedi meditation. Anyone got a good one?

For The gungas in terms of wealth/credits/whatever

you could have Booma Export's or something or maybe Plasma exports since in the star wars galaxy plasma is an expensive resource but is found naturally occuring in naboo and harvestable at a cheap cost maybe you could have a unit that flies up to space with a load of plasma and you get some credits/wealth/whatever and it would go underwater collect the plasma and go into space or outof the screen if your not having any space combat.

Just an Idea

It's cool enough as it is now.

by the way is the gungan anti-air mech a catapult? I would suggest a ballista if it isn't already one.

perhaps shield bearers should give the bonuses only when in formations with other troopers. it would suck if a gungan army is scattered and you have to shoot down the few shield bearers that are in the middle of no where.

Archived