Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels a little strange for me to be asking the questions for once... but does anybody know what file I need to edit to change Kyle (regular and boss)'s saber color in JA SP?

I know I can cheat, take over his body and manually change it, but I'd like to do it so it's always one color, including in cutscenes.

Any help would be appreciated. ; )

Ok, Kurgan you need to Extract the Kyle.npc file and it should be a directory ext_data/npcs...

Open it with, Notepad and copy it since you can't edit it due to it being a Read Only file,

Now in Notepad, click New File and then paste all the stuff you copied, then look for a line that says saberColor and change it to what ever you want, Green, Red, Purple whatever,

If the line isn't there then add it in underneath the Saber line. :)

Then save it, when saving change the file type to All Files and save it as kyle_boss.npc

Now open Winzip and click New, then make sure the file type is all files and make a kyle_boss.pk3 then make sure the Include Subfolders is selected and then Add With Wildcards, using the Add with wildcards button. :)

Now put it into your base folder and hopefully it should change his saber color. :)

Kyle_Boss's Info is in the Kyle npc file as well :)

EDIT -

It works, though i couldn't remember any cutscenes with Kyle with his saber on, but when you use the Playermodel command or npc spawn his saber will be changed. ;)

Oh and if you want to have him in his CTF skins, put underneath the playermodel line in the npc file,

customSkin red or blue ;)

Now to see if it changed it in a cutscene....

Actually, dont change kyles saber color the way telsa said. (Sorry telsa) You have to open the saber.sab file in the ext_data/sabers directory and change the Katarn saber colors there. THat will change it everywhere and is better than messing with a .npc file. Edit the sabers.sab file with notepad and just change the colors you want to change. Then, save it as sabers.sab (same filename as it was) and then zip it up into a .pk3 with the proper folder heirarchy.

EDIT: you can also modify other things using the .sab files. Read the options in the sabers.sab and its pretty cool. You can add parry/defense bonuses to each saber and change blade length, as well as the models, sounds, etc. of the saber. However, some npcs (like certain reborn) still have to have their saber colors changed in the npc file as well. Namely, the staff and dual saber users. Also note, certain npcs like rosh use the shadowtrooper saber. And the yoda saber, of course, isnt used and has no model.

Well Kurgan did it work ??

Now that i think about it changing the sabers.sab won't change the kyle npc, because the npc tells it give him kyle's hilt but a blue blade so the only way you can change his saber color is through the npc way i've described. :)

Does anyone know how do edit weapon strengths to make them stronger? Shem did this somehow in JO with his Ultimate MOD stuff. Not that I want to make the game easier but I mean really...how many times have you seen a Jedi slice someone in the gut and they keep shooting at you? Or a bad guy taking up to 5 deflected shots to the chest, head and neck area and just respond with a "uughh"? Any ideas?

You had me all excited darnit.

well, i thought if gave you all animations because i was a small shadowtrooper, by the way of the jawa, and when my sabers off he does a funny little jawa walk..

and, its not a banner its a gif, i see them all the time and i think mine is too big

mrgifsmall.gif

heres what it was if you can see it

Originally posted by DarthButt

Does anyone know how do edit weapon strengths to make them stronger? Shem did this somehow in JO with his Ultimate MOD stuff. Not that I want to make the game easier but I mean really...how many times have you seen a Jedi slice someone in the gut and they keep shooting at you? Or a bad guy taking up to 5 deflected shots to the chest, head and neck area and just respond with a "uughh"? Any ideas?

I was attempting to find this out myself a little while ago in order to regulate damage with full dismemberment enabled. Unfortunately, I think damage values are hard-coded. Which means we're out of luck without a console command, which SP doesn't have as far as I know.

darn it, oh well. i don't get it all my gifs are online with there own url..

anyways i found out another cool thing :)

how to throw a saber staff without mods or changing files, its quite simple actually:

bind key "saberattackcycle; +altattack; wait 2; -altattack; saber dual_5; sabercolor 1 color color"

include "s and ;s, words in italic may vary

bugs: saber will be turning on when you first throw it so it will make the "saber on" sound and be half size for a split second.

nothing too horrible

[EDIT] there are 2 known models that, for some wierd reason, don't work with this:

kyle_boss and Chewie

enjoy

P.S. i have a screenshot that i will show you next

About the sig thing, I don't know what the problem is. I'm using Opera 6, but when I view your posts I don't see anything usually (no animations) unless I click on them or reload the page a few times then they appear.

So not sure what's up with that. Loopy server you're using maybe?

I have seen people with animated smilies in their sigs, so it *should* be working... unless sig images are disabled.

i know this question is way off topic, and i apologize. however i am super frusterated and i need help fast and most people post here so bear with me. i was interested in opening one of the pk3 files, namely a skin maul, to see what it contained. i used notepad. now all my pk3 files are in notpad form and not pk3 form. how can i change them back so i can get my game running again. your help is appreciated. thanks.

Right click while holding shift and you'll see an "Open with" or "open as" option in the menu. Click on that then select winzip as the program (might need to browse for the exe of winzip) and then check the box that says "always open with this program" or whatever and click apply/okay.

That should fix it.

Oops, see you got it, and you beat me! ; )

Btw, I discovered that you could change your player "tint" using the saber_char_<blue/green/red> <# 0-255> commands in Siege, for the "generic Jedi" characters. Mostly affects Korriban but the "light" Jedi class on all the maps. It helps to tell players apart a little bit easier.

Archived