Home

Bodies disappear too quick!

Sith_Chick

Originally posted by Stafire13

You can set it to any value you want.

I have it set to:

g_corpseremovaltime 120

Turning off corpse-removal causes massive slowdowns on my system (and that's with 1 Gig of RAM).

that's because the current OS systems aren't compatible with that amounth of RAM, i think.

Originally posted by Scoundrel

Yes, just type this in to the console:

g_corpseremovaltime 0

Od course, you need to type devmapall first, or helpusobi 1.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

just a note about "devmapall". "devmapall" is just a variation on the "devmap" command which loads a map with cheats enabled. There's no reason to type "devmapall". The "all" on it just tells the game to reload *all* the assets fresh, to not use the cached models, skins, sounds, textures, bsp file, etc. If you're not changing assets and reloading a map, don't use devmapall because it will just make your load times longer. "devmap" will work just fine.

Also, technically, you don't need to type "devmap" to enable cheats. You can load a map or savegame, then type "helpusobi 1" to enable cheats.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Kstar__2

that's because the current OS systems aren't compatible with that amounth of RAM, i think.

as Stormie said, xp comes closest to being able to being able to utilize this much RAM. go check out some benchmarking numbers,

OS's of the current day are just not set up to be be able to maximise RAM functionality to that extent....

1 gig RAM, if you put a ferrari F1 engine in your dad's winnibago, does that mean he can win the F1 championship ???

MTFBWYA

so long as you talk about memory and such

I upgraded from a

PII 400

Win98

256 Ram

16 MB Nvidia card

max res 1600x1200

to a

P4 2.20 Ghz w/ 400Mhz FSB

WinXP

512 RAM

128 MB GF FX 2500 card

max res 1600x1200

and what is odd to me is the JO runs pretty sweet most levels at maxed graphics yet I have to keep JA settings a bit less the what I can for JO or the games laggs and my system is well above the minimum for JA

*whispers*

"I see dead people"

Sorry...couldn't resist. :D

And bill's right. The MP part of JA seems to be missing some of the features that the SP part contains. The most obvious reason for this is to improve the MP performance - and to be honest, it needs all the help it can get.

Archived