Home

Solo Saber Nerfed Thread

dyehead

Thank you for being rude and calling other people gay. I see clearly that you are not the type of person who would ever waste time insulting people over the internet.[/sarcasm]

If a guy wants to spend a little time to make his arguements rational and thought-out, as opposed to simply calling the other side "gay", then he is free to do so. I do respect the fact that you at least used proper grammar, though. :D

Al, that's the longest post I've ever seen. I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult, but it's true.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you been reading the forums at all?

ardent's post up there is already longer

Well that wasn't the PROBLEM with JO 1.03. The problem with it was it was crap. It was crap because it pandered to premature demands for gameplay changes. If there HAD been a public test, one would hope that the whole patch would have been totally rejected by the community. There were almost no gameplay-specific changes that were any good at all in 1.03.

and Al, your opinion of 103 sucking only corresponds to you

You can ask some people that actually PLAYED it and they'll say they loved it.

Originally posted by [div3rse.jello]

have you been reading the forums at all?

ardent's post up there is already longer

and Al, your opinion of 103 sucking only corresponds to you

You can ask some people that actually PLAYED it and they'll say they loved it.

MOST people I talked to concur that 1.03 sucks. 1.04 only doesn't suck in comparison to 1.03; it absolutely sucks compared to 1.02.

haha that means you havent even played 103, probably not 104 either

and did these people happen to be playing 102 as well? then just drop jk2 all together when 103 came out? haha

ever heard of |AoD| from 103?

IMO i only like 104 CTF because it's more team oriented. team heal and energize werent regularly used till this patch came out. disabling of pickups also lead to popularity of the "team" forces.

in 103 a 2 man team could take on another team that had 5 people and still pwn them. haha. someone else can name the good stuff about it because ive totally forgotten since 104 came out. heh

Originally posted by Gabrobot

Great post AL! :)

Heh, it seems the pro-gameplay changing patch people are still evading the main point...thank you for that technobot, [div3rse.jello], Rad Blackrose and mikeyjuan... :rolleyes:

What would the main point be? That you guys don't want to change gameplay and therefore, the majority of the community likes the gameplay as it is even though Raven didn't have a public player-tested beta and it obviously has some flaws?

Originally posted by g//plaZma

What would the main point be? That you guys don't want to change gameplay and therefore, the majority of the community likes the gameplay as it is even though Raven didn't have a public player-tested beta and it obviously has some flaws?

That and showing how much of a lapdog he is.

whats so hard to understand you have one sabre

they have two, so they hit you twice doing sabre damage then sabre damage again (effectivly double damage)...

why should the single lightsabre be made more powerful, its not a design fault its just 'realisim'

Originally posted by g//plaZma

Well, I'll repost the question I, and AL, wanted answered by you guys but didn't get a response to:

Why change the gameplay now, then later? If there really are problems with the gameplay, then they can be fixed later when people have a more complete view of JA's gameplay. And if some people are too impatient to wait and will leave before then, then I wouldn't think they'd be the kind of people that would help make a healthy JA community, anyway.

And to FK | unnamed: I'm glad all you want is the SDK so you can make a mod to your playing style. I think it's fairly safe to say that the SDK will be released, but just when is not really clear. With JKII, the first tools Raven released didn't include the SDK (it didn't include the script editor and compiler for SP either...hopefully this is released sooner, this time, as well), but they did release it in the second one which was released at least a couple months after the game. Hopefully, Raven includes more stuff in the first (or would it be the second...didn't they already release some model tools...?) tools release which should come out soon. (Perhaps a week even...? Maybe if we're lucky...)

Anyway...it shouldn't be too much longer... :)

Originally posted by technobot

Gabro: I never gave my opinion whether I feel gameplay should be changed. I'm still newb to Academy so I'll reserve judgement 'till I have a good idea of what I really think about the game ;)

BTW: AL really is gay! ask him ;)

I assumed you held that opinion because of your anti-Spider AL post...sorry, I guess you're just a troll who isn't contributing anything, useful or otherwise, to the actual discussion.

To the people that think anything past 1.01 is a premature patch:

'Premature patch' usually refers to after initial release. Patching something the day after the game is released is VERY premature.

Have you people ever realized that developers always take forever to release the first patch? That is because they usually try and fix all of the problems in one shot. Makes life easier for them.

Also, no amount of whining will make the patch come out faster. Get. Over. It. The patch will come out when it's done.

End of story.

Quit saying "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" every 5 seconds....it's cluttering the forum.

Everybody knows the sabre system needs work, and everybody knows that unless Raven goes bankrupt (quasi-impossible) the patch will come out...EVENTUALLY.

Just whining about how you want the patch to come out now just so you can whine about what they didn't fix makes the developers even MORE pissed off. I wish forum-goers would realize this.

Anyway, the gist:

They know what they have to fix. They are working on it. The patch will come out when it comes out. Quit whining and complaining that it's not out yet.

To those that missed the part about developers wanting to patch everything at once: They like to patch everything at once, instead of just releasing one patch every 2 weeks for a year for every little problem. Besides, how are you to know that pursuing that method would be easier than doing it all at once?

Besides, I'm with Al on this one.

Why change the gameplay now, then later? If there really are problems with the gameplay, then they can be fixed later when people have a more complete view of JA's gameplay. And if some people are too impatient to wait and will leave before then, then I wouldn't think they'd be the kind of people that would help make a healthy JA community, anyway

This is just 103 again. It's unavoidable unless you do something FAST. If Raven's gonna sit around for 3-4 months and let people get USED to JA before they release a patch, you're gonna have people named Spider Bal saying that JA "blah blah version" is crap because it's hella DIFFERENT from they've been playing. Hell if I actually was into JA I'd probably complain too. Why not release a patch changing gameplay during the first few weeks of the game, allowing easier adaptation? Releasing it as if this "patched version" was the "first version" of JA? Speaking of having a complete view of JA..what if during this time they realize it sucks and quit the game? There wouldn't be much of a JA community left over.

EDIT:

Dea, if they knew what to fix, they wouldn't have brought bugs from JO into JA in the first place.

Look, honestly I don't WANT Raven to ever, EVER touch this game again in regards to game play.

It seems every time they "fix" some thing, they nerf or take a bunch of other stuff out as well.

Just fix the Master list issue, tell us how to turn the ghoul2 crap off or make it as close as possible to the jk2 hit box system, and leave the game alone.

Release the SDK and the mod makers will then make a game that can be played by the people who like to invest a lot of time developing and exploring the finer aspects of complex game play and all will be well once again.

The button mashing fan boys will stay off our servers and we will stay off theirs.

Could you please state the nature of the ghoul2 hit detection "problem"?

From my own and Emon's testing on and offline, the ghoul2 hit detection for the sabers is far superior to the JK2 system. There is the occasional saber passthru but it's easily fixable and to a lesser extent than in JK2.

From my understanding of the saber system (which I spent a lot of time with in JK2), the saber hit detection is 100% dependant on the server's frame rate. The faster the sabers move, the more fps you need to get accurate saber detection. Since the sabers move VERY quickly in JKA, you can improve the game's hit detection by boosting the "sv_fps" to the average client's fps. (I'd guess about 60 fps).

By turning up the sv_fps, we were able to prevent the occasional saber passthrus and increase the accuracy of the sabers.

You can learn more information about this here.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

Look, honestly I don't WANT Raven to ever, EVER touch this game again in regards to game play.

It seems every time they "fix" some thing, they nerf or take a bunch of other stuff out as well.

Agreed. I don't want anything being made less effective this time around.

Just fix the Master list issue, tell us how to turn the ghoul2 crap off or make it as close as possible to the jk2 hit box system, and leave the game alone.

And Ghoul2 is already turned off, or at least toned down considerably, for MP. There have been quite a few threads already that discuss this. Also, if you didn't have me on ignore you would've seen it a few posts up. ;)

Originally posted by [div3rse.jello]

This is just 103 again. It's unavoidable unless you do something FAST. If Raven's gonna sit around for 3-4 months and let people get USED to JA before they release a patch, you're gonna have people named Spider Bal saying that JA "blah blah version" is crap because it's hella DIFFERENT from they've been playing. Hell if I actually was into JA I'd probably complain too. Why not release a patch changing gameplay during the first few weeks of the game, allowing easier adaptation? Releasing it as if this "patched version" was the "first version" of JA? Speaking of having a complete view of JA..what if during this time they realize it sucks and quit the game? There wouldn't be much of a JA community left over.

EDIT:

Dea, if they knew what to fix, they wouldn't have brought bugs from JO into JA in the first place.

*Sigh* If people got used to it, and wouldn't want a change, then I guess that would mean there really aren't any serious problems then, eh? And from what I can tell, only about 100 people don't like JA...that's like what...1% of the people who have, and are playing, JA? If you'd rather leave then wait for the SDK, so you can make a mod, then I wish you'd hurry up and actually leave.

[Edit: Ah, I see you are going to wait for the SDK...]

How bout yesterday I was in a duel server and I always use single saber. I was on a winning streak and one of the dual saberist I defeated said that single saber was overpowered. Am I missing something here? SINGLE SABER? Overpowered? Meanwhile he's using Dual. Is single really overpowered? Last time I checked it was underpowered

Originally posted by Gabrobot

*Sigh* If people got used to it, and wouldn't want a change, then I guess that would mean there really aren't any serious problems then, eh? And from what I can tell, only about 100 people don't like JA...that's like what...1% of the people who have, and are playing, JA? If you'd rather leave then wait for the SDK, so you can make a mod, then I wish you'd hurry up and actually leave.

[Edit: Ah, I see you are going to wait for the SDK...]

Dumbest post ever. Good job.

make it as close as possible to the jk2 hit box system, and leave the game alone.

There is a cvar already that turns the game back to JO (non-location damage) hit detection. It is on these boards somewhere...

Archived