Home

Ackbar wasn't lying: EA LOTR RTS!

Crazy_dog no.3

The armies of Mordor will, interestingly enough, be almost limitless--orcs, trolls, and nazgul pour forth from Sauron's domain in such a way that your army size isn't limited by resources on hand, but rather, by time and population limits. You may find, for instance, that your population limit will be capped by the number of camps you've built, and in order to increase your population limit, you'll need to build more camps. These camps will successively spawn new troops based on a timer, but if you want to recruit higher-level creatures such as the hulking trolls, you'll need to instead sacrifice your next wave of reinforcements to build a troll pit. You'll end up with fewer units on hand, but the next time you receive reinforcements, there will be trolls in the ranks.

This is an awesome idea!! No more queing the barracks!!

Yeah. I saw the preview for the EA LOTR game. Very awesome. Where the other one looks like another Warcraft III clone, this one looks to enhance the battles of the Total War series. Very awesome looking stuff, especially since I hoped that they would make an RTS like that when I saw that program they used in the LOTR movies to do the battles.

Okay lemme be the party pooper here...

- Published by Teh Evul Corporation (Electronic Arts)

- Based on the Lord of the Rings movies (ouch), instead of the books (seeing as Teh Evul Corporation only has rights to the movies)

- Developed by EALA, who are basically a studio producing first person shooters (Medal of Honor, Clive Barker's Undying). Yes they made an RTS... Generals, which I have played and found mightily lacking in something very important called "fun factor", even for an RTS >_>

I ain't looking forward to this one. Noooo sir.

I never played Generals, so I can't say anything about whether the developers are experienced enough in RTS's (though all the Generals reviews were good), but what's wrong with EA/movies, Sher?

I myself prefer the movie-based version becuase the WoTR game has it's own visual interpritation (sp?), and BFME is based on something that is already fixed in my mind as bieng LOTR (I only read the books after I saw the film, though I had read the Hobbit before many times)

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I think Generals and Zero Hour are fun, but we all have our likes and dislikes ;)

yep everybody has a difrent thaste

i think zero hour is one of the best rts games there is at the moment whit 12 difrent party's!

but like i siad everybody likes something els

i hate shooters!~:o

Archived