Home

I Guess It Was Bound To Happen...

Boba Rhett

Originally posted by -=TheTycooner=-

They'll kill the tiger. How many of those tigers are left in the world?

does't look like it actually :)

The tiger that attacked Horn is currently in quarantine and no one else was injured in the attack, according to MGM Mirage spokesman Alan Feldman.

"Every living thing goes crazy. Every species," he said. "And there's nothing -- no fingers to point. There's nothing. It's just a really bad thing happening to a really important, wonderful, very, very strong guy. I mean his strength is breathtaking."

If they were going to put it down I think they would have mentioned it...

Originally posted by Vestril

If they were going to put it down I think they would have mentioned it...

unlikely, killing an endangered species is against the law, so if they did put it down they certainly wouldn't do it publicly

Originally posted by Siv

unlikely, killing an endangered species is against the law, so if they did put it down they certainly wouldn't do it publicly

I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic...that's exactly why it would have been mentioned. You don't think they could kill this Tiger in secret, do you?

First off it's already a big news story, which means that the media is trying to find out all they can about it. Secondly, and more importantly, you have to imagine that several animal protection organizations were already on the scene making sure the show didn't abuse these animals, and more probably came after the accident, out of fear of what you are talking about. Lastly, I'm willing to bet there are a few Zoos who are well versed in dealing with dangerous animals who probably went to vegas to try to get a hold of the Tiger.

Put the fact that the media is on hand and there are people there who care about the Tiger together, and I'm willing to bet that whatever happens to the Tiger next, it will be magnanimous and very public. I could be wrong, but I'm at least confident that it won't get put down.

Originally posted by Tie 23

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Werd Siv

What did those "flamboyant (gaaaaay) magicians" expect a huge 200 something pound tiger to do if it was taken out of it's home and forced to do tricks with flamboyant (gaaaaaay) magicians?

Nope, Tigers are about 350 pounds

TiE

I don't know what type of tigers you guys have been seeing, but full grown tigers don't weigh so little.

The tiger that attacked Roy was around 600lbs, much closer to a tiger's average weight.

Yeah, I must be wrong about the tiger's weight. 600 lbs sounds much more correct.

I'm pretty sure the Siberean Tiger is also the biggest feline in the world, but I don't know what type of tiger attacked Roy...

btw, anybody notice their age?

Fishbachler, 64, and 59-year-old Horn have performed together in Las Vegas for more than 30 years

Never realized they have been around that long...

Originally posted by Vestril

Sometimes dogs go nuts and attack their owners, even when there doesn't appear (to us people) to be something wrong with them, but we haven't banned domestic dogs... Even cattle and horses can trample or attack people, any big animal is dangerous, and Roy would have had to be pretty stupid to not know the risks involved in dealing with big cats

Of course, dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years. Tiger domestication hasn't been around nearly that long or as widespread.

I'd love to have a tiger for a pet. But as soon as it hit the point to where it weighed more than I did by 2 or 3 fold, it'd go to the zoo. This was just the reality check Sigfried and Roy needed.

Archived