Home

Where to buy MI 1 and 2 for mac?

Bunta

I had them back in the day, but i've moved twice since then and just have a huge craving to play them again. I've been searching online and on ebay and i can't seem to find Monkey Island 1 and 2 for sale anywhere for the mac. I know they made them for mac cause i use to have them. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MojoMonkey

Is it any differents between MI1 and MI2 on Mac and PC?`

-MojoMonkey

The Mac versions' music is slightly different. I'm not quite sure what it is really, but you can tell the difference right off the bat. Check out, for instance, the Mac version of Largo's theme versus the PC version versus the Amiga version.

Other than that, I haven't noticed much of a [noticeable] difference, and I've played both versions of the games.

The only versions of MI1 and 2 available for mac were the original Floppies, which were pretty much universal as the same disks would work in a PC, Mac and amiga. The new CD version doesn't work on a mac, but as Remi said, run them through ScummVM and it should be fine (as far as I know, it doesn't work with virtual PC)

Originally posted by TyraaRane

The Mac versions' music is slightly different. I'm not quite sure what it is really, but you can tell the difference right off the bat. Check out, for instance, the Mac version of Largo's theme versus the PC version versus the Amiga version.

Other than that, I haven't noticed much of a [noticeable] difference, and I've played both versions of the games.

Uh did you notice the smoothed unblocky graphics? That is what makes it alot beter then the PC versions. I know SCUMVM can do smoothing as well but it still doesn't look as good as the mac smoothing.

Originally posted by Jake

ScummVM's smoothing routines (especially advamame2x) are almost identical to or better than the Mac one.

And Joshi, the floppies weren't universal at all.

Yep, that is true, i was actually just talking bull. Nah, I didn't know up until the point when I, yesterday, tried the pc disk's in my amiga and they didn't work. I guess they all just came witht he same manual then instead of seperate ones for seperate systems. Never mind.

Originally posted by Krazy

Uh did you notice the smoothed unblocky graphics? That is what makes it alot beter then the PC versions. I know SCUMVM can do smoothing as well but it still doesn't look as good as the mac smoothing.

Okay, that too. Whoops. Darn selective memory.

Archived