Home

Melee Fighting

Master Palidus

/g_debugmelee 1

I believe thats the line anyway. What it does is allows you to use primary to punch, secondary to kick and primary+secondary for specials. (When the special connects, forward or back should perform one of the 2 specials.)

After playing with this for a while, I began to wonder if our modding community would like a big project. Basically, I want to know if it's possible to incorporate new animations to make melee as structured as sabering, allowing different "stances" as well as different punches and such. (Though kick is probably fine as it works now... As if you had a staff.) Adding new specials would be a plus as well.

Right now, melee is largely "hold attack and charge", but with a few tweaks, it has the potential to be an interesting element of the game. (Teras Kasi Mod anyone? :D)

Something to play with. It's funny that Raven didn't make that big a deal about a lot of the interesting new elements in JK3.

I was thinking of the same thing with the melee combat. I mean all the animations are there. Like when you grab the person by the leg and slam them. That could be used as a counter attack for when someone kicks you. Or when you grab the guy in a reverse headlock. That can be used as a counter attack for a punch. You could use the force meter (who has the most force in the meter) to determine which person should be able to do the counter when two people are fighting.Plus don't forget you could probably make disarmaments or stealth kills(Tenchu Stealth Assains and Dead To Rights) which would make the game better. Talking about Teras Kai, that Masters of Teras Ka was the worst PS1 fighting game ever. The story line was interesting with introduction of a Jedi fighting system, which would explain how Luke beat the stuffing out of that cyborg chick(sorry don't know too much about expanded universe), but the game was bad. *shudders* I mean really bad.

I'd like the hand to hand combat available too.

But in my point of view... it would be great to have a single punch a la qui gon for when you have the saber on... and full combat like debugmelee 1 is in SP for when you loose your saber or something.

I would also bind the saberthrow to another function key besides alt attack and have kick available for all stances and grant staff another special attack to make up for the loss of it's exclusive trick.

Mostly cuz it's hard to do a knockdown with the other 2 sabers...and the ground finishing move is less likely to occur.

Well that's my 2 cents on this. I hope we can see a mod doing this or something alike soon :)

Originally posted by king yoda

yes than someone can make a cool matrix mod with melee combat,bullettime, weapon skins and new models.

Actually one is already in the works for JA, ofcourse, due to not being able to break the laws of time and space, if one player activates bullet time it'll apply for all players ^.^

have you seen the trailer for the crouching tiger hidden dragon game? in there they show a girl dodging sword strikes just as cultists dodge sniper shots, it was amazing how well done the animations were. what if someone made a mod that when you go into fight mode or something you have more stealth moves and that you have 3 levels of dodgness for lightsaber throw, blaster shots and lightsaber slices and you can do all those crazy choke, punch, and toss combos :cool:

Don't let a GranBoxer get to close to you. I'll spawn those things in and have fist-fights. Straight-up punch wars = you die. They can get me in 3-5 hits, and I've found I can only cleanly beat one if I keep him on the ground, with the grapple attacks, or kicks.

It's wierd - like I'll do the iknowkungfu cheat, and spawn in a bartender, and use sense to watch his health - a kick does almost unnoticable damage to him, where the GranBoxer with his melee attack takes me out in 4 hits if I let him wail!

Originally posted by StormHammer

I actually lmao when someone came at me swinging his fists, while I had a heavy repeater. No contest, really. :D

Who said JA wasn't an accurate representation of the movies :D

Originally posted by Tinny

does anyone know how to enable th is online? /g_debugmelee 1 doesn't seem to work :/

Keep in mind that this is a server-side cvar, I believe. You won't be able to just set it on your own machine when you play online.

Archived