Home

Piracy Reporting?

Drivian Taluus

I won a copy of Jedi Academy from tydy112 on eBay, and I received a pirated copy. The item description said NOTHING about it being a "backup copy", yet a message sent with the discs claims that they were described as copies online. This is both mail-fraud and breaking a federal law. How do I get in touch with LucasArts? I want my money back, and I want this guy in jail (or at least heavily fined)!

Talk to Andy867 about reporting pirated LA games. While you may not be able to get a refund from this guy, I'm sure they'd be interested to know somebody is selling bootleg copies of their games online.

You can give the person a bad rating (buyer beware) on ebay as you can with anything else, and possibly complain to ebay themselves.

But yeah, if you got ripped off, there isn't much you can do about it except to bitch the guy out in an email and warn others not to deal with him.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Tell Ebay his E-mail? This is the first time i seen ebay having warez.

I guess you cant trust people these days.....

so naive thinking this is the first time warez have been found on ebay. honestly most of the dvd's they sell on there that are "special deals" are actually pirated versions usually made in third rate "dvd" factories. not to mention those vcd's sold on eBay are all pirated copies.... well most of them. the invader zim ones i know are taken from the vhs tapes.

Yea VCD's and SVCD's were the standard in international terms, kind of like CDi's, and then the idea to have movies put onto CDR came the idea to use VCD's. it was cheap and could usually get decent quality on 2 VCDs. But now with DVD burners, you can burn music videos and such at DVD-quality standards.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

I didn't noe that.

And:

VCDs = Very Cheap Discs. :D

Cuz it sux.

http://www.allvcd.com/viewproduct.asp/productid=2757

I got this a while back and while it may not be DVD quality, for 25 bucks it's a damn good buy.

The audio quality is CD level and the video quality, while less than DVD, it's sure as hell better than the VHS that was released here in the states.

Archived