Home

Dual Sabers Butterfly - TOTALLY useless?

Master William

The Dual Sabers butterfly is just patethic. Looks nice and all, but even when somebody is standing still and are Away From Keyboard, I cannot hurt them with it. I have hurted people with it, in extremely rare cases, and it still didn't take alot.

My suggestion... Remove it or make it useful.

What do you think about it?

Huh! Adventure. Huh! Excitement... A jedi craves not such things... You are WRECKLESS!

:D

Hehe... the duals have better things than the butterfly... 2 sided stabs (front and back/both sides)... the defense rate for the duals is the best of all 3 and their range is good... normal moves also deal good damage and the range is not half bad as well.

The twirl is deadly if put ot good use and the opponent can't get out in time.

Sure the Barrier leaves you open for attack... but try jumping into a tight crowd and use it... lot's of points for ya.

You got single saber lunge... simply one of the best moves in the game.

I play single saber all the time... I find the yellow DFA one of the most dificult moves to be effective... that's why i seldom use it... the single has a wide range of other moves that are generally effective. Maybe you feel the same about the Dual butterfly and therefore use it maybe as a finishing move...aka when you notice your opponents is backtracking, trying to get away from u... although u find it useless damage wise... it does allow you to cover some ground while still attacking.

Cheers.

I only use the dual butterfly as an escape tool, unless I can hop over the person on the first or second bounce (that usually goes for full damage).

On the other hand, just sticking to people with the dual-bladed butterfly and you're guaranteed to kill 3-4 in one good sitting. Plus, it is piercing damage (why?). It penetrates the saber like a crazy bastard.

I've always wondered why they were so different...

Originally posted by Master William

Leave as it is? Why? Why the heck do you want that? It's so stupid and pointless (the butterfly move) that it just makes the dual sabers look like worse weapons even MORE.

Because I believe that the sabers styles are pretty well balanced as they are. That fact that there have been several polls indicating that there is a fairly even distribution in what style people prefer supports this. People can be affective with any of them, and they all have strength and weeknesses. I don't want one saber style's potential increased and the others left the same, because this could potentially make one style obviously more powerful than the others. I don't want that.

And thus, I do not want this move's potency increased.

You asked in your first post to either "make it useful" or remove it. If you don't like it, don't use it. No one is forcing you to use any move. Then it will be just like it wasn't there :)

n00bs don't exist, lets just please leave that out of arguments. Everyone has their own style of playing of which we have to live with, no one person or even a group of people know how to fight properly, they just know their ideas. There are new players for sure, but there are certainly no n00bs.

Lamers are annoying yes, but the fact they repeat moves too much gives them a big weakness, one that should be worked around if you watch them long enough.

Let's just leave gameplay as is and work on fixing actual game bugs.

Holy ****, youve gotta be friggin kidding me. Ive just played in 3 diff servers and do you have any idea how much a direct hit from butterfly does???? It can cut you from 100 to 20 health No problem.

It was the main offesive staff move, used way the hell more then the kata.

Personally, i think they need a new animation for the last spin of the butterfly, so it looks more agressive and not some pansy little ballerina spin.

Originally posted by cheeto101

Holy ****, youve gotta be friggin kidding me. Ive just played in 3 diff servers and do you have any idea how much a direct hit from butterfly does???? It can cut you from 100 to 20 health No problem.

It was the main offesive staff move, used way the hell more then the kata.

Personally, i think they need a new animation for the last spin of the butterfly, so it looks more agressive and not some pansy little ballerina spin.

Ehum... DUAL SABER Butterfly, not SABER STAFF!

Ah, and the n00b thing...

Then, the people we call n00bs actually is another style of players? I will ceep that in mind. From now on, n00b isn't very negativ for me, but another style of playing"

LoL.. again another thread to prove my point that the "imbalances" in JA are largely due to a person's own point of view....

Up until now I'd been reading about how the butterfly was "Unstoppable" because "the slightest touch kills instantly every time."

; )

Honestly, it's like a lot of moves, timed poorly it's useless, used properly its very powerful.

I've hit people with it and had them survive, other times I've hit people with it and killed them in one hit (100+ damage). And still other times it misses completely, or is blocked.

It's all in how you use it...

PS: The Saberstaff Butterfly is the same way. Sure, you can turn partway through the move, but it also has more vulnerable points, and its much easier to fall off a cliff with it (heh, which I've done several times, to my shame.. I'm still a staff newbie).

PPS: I see again that the terms "Lamer" and "n00b" have simply because generic insults in the gaming community (much like "gay").

I used to think "n00b" meant somebody who wasn't very good at the game due to lack of experience, and "Lamers" were people who didn't follow made up honor codes and did things like kill people while they were chatting or dueling or had their saber off. How wrong I was...! ; )

I will concede, at the very least, the word "lamer." Though I can't say I'd probably use it. I'm really tired of the slinging of the word "n00b", "nub" and so on. Why can't we leave the so-called "l337" speak to die quietly away? It was fun for a month or two five years ago. Now every Tom, Dick and Harry has to throw numbers into their sentences and hold the capslock down so they get noticed. I mean it was past it's time when we, common people, started using it. Hackers had structured that slang system at the beginning of the 90's.

What's so hard about using English, or Swedish, or Japanese, or whatever the vernacular is where you're playing games?

And going back to the "lamer" thing, I'm really tired of that as well. If you're not hacking or exploiting a game flaw any kill is valid in my book. That's not to say that I'd walk around using so-called "cheap" tactics, that's not my style, but so what if other people do? You're playing with real people here guys (of course I mean "guys" in the non-gender specific way for any ladies out there) and there are petty and vindictive people in the real world. Live with it.

Oh and one more thing, luck is part of the real world too. I don't think we all need people screaming about how lucky someone is when they kill you. All that does is clarify to everyone how insecure you are.

[/rant]

So anyway, It does seem that the dual saber butterfly is a little hit or miss. In that way I sort of look at it as the humiliation victory. Much like the UMP45 in CounterStrike, it's appears useless in common practice so a kill with it is entertaining in itself.

"Dude, I killed you with the butterfly."

"Stop calling me dude.

"Fine I killed you with the butterfly."

"So?"

"So that's funny."

"Yeah it is."

"You wanna go get a beer?"

"Sounds good to me."

lol, I was in a duel server a few days ago, using two sabers for the heck of it (I use single 95% of the time) , and had little health left, so I thought "ah what the heck, at the best I'll be over him" , and thus I executed it... and lobbed my opponent's head off. I was stunned for a few seconds simply from the surprise of having killed him with that move XD Go me! XD

I would say leave it as it. I sometimes use the butterfly move on a crowd in FFA servers. Before, I have gotten up to 5 kills in a single butterfly move. It is also a good escape tool like the one guy said. It does have it's weak points, but I think every saber & style have their weak points.

Archived