Home

Dynamic Glow always turns off

Crow_Nest

I feel very lucky that my Dell laptop can handle it without any issues ...

... my last playthrough was as a female Zabrak, with yellow and purple dual sabers ... besides the fact that she kicked a$$, going through dark areas with that overlapping dynamic glow was quite cool.

Mike

I know for a fact Dynamic Glow is enabled by defualt in MP there just not an option to turn it off in the menus. To turn it off in MP just type

r_dynamicglow 0

(with dynamicglow off i get a 10FPS boost)

as for it always being off you sure card supports the option if it does. maybe something got messed up in the CFG try re-installing it

Perhaps Dynamic Glow in MP is disabled, or simply not implemented in the code, for performance reasons.

Hi Stormie !

(For me at least...)MP is ON by delfault in MP ! I think there *may* be some prpgramming that can identify if your card is going to cut it with dynamic glow, and subsequently turn it off. To get rid of it

in MP, just get in the console and type in :

\r_dynamicglow 0

In SP - the 'dynamic glow' on/off option is under setup/more video...

I run a geforce5600 64mb. I run at 1600x1200 w 60-80fps with dglow OFF. Turning it on makes it drop to 30fps.(even at lower rez). Thus, I play with it OFF !

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

No. i'm saying.

That my dynamic glow always turns to "off" everytime i start up SP. Is there a way to fix this???

The above command goes for SP too, jist get rid of the "\", plus as I mentioned go into 'setup/video/morevideo'

To get this going when you start SP, go into the config files and implement it there, if you are not that savvy(I definitely am not) just bind it to a key

bind <key> r_dynamicglow 1 (or 0 to turn it off)

If it sill doesnt work, it might be a card issue. Dynamic glow bugs have been frequently raised on the Rvaen boards......

Better off without man, unless you have a 64/128mb card that supports it at high fps

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

To get this going when you start SP, go into the config files and implement it there, if you are not that savvy(I definitely am not) just bind it to a key

bind <key> r_dynamicglow 1 (or 0 to turn it off)

Isn't r_dynamicglow for MP? g_dynamicglow is for SP right?

When i type "g_dynamicglow 1" in or "g_dynamicglow 0" in SP. They don't make any difference.

Archived