Home

WIP: Hellfire Droid

Duncan_10158

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

the wheel wobeling is something i couldnt fix, its probably an engine problem that possitions between animtions are smoothed. so if you stop after a half wheel turns, the skeleton moves back into stand possition the shortest way, thats teh wobeling. i could fix that by cutting the animation into four or eight parts but that would need a mod and the wobeling would be still there but just smaller. i want to have this vehicle working without a mod so i think we have to accept this draw back.

I have encountered the same problems with a new saber hilt of mine... (why i came to this thread again :) + to check up on prgress)

I don't know of any sounds... maybe watch the movie again? you might could cut some sounds out of that some how..

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried looking on your hard drive in its folder? I havent got a chance to really look at it myself yet, been alittle busy with stuff. Or another thing is maybe make your own sounds for it. It wouldnt be hard to do, just get a sound editing program and find sounds you wanna use for it, then you will be on your way.

After seeing a clip of the Hailfire Droid in a trailer for a JK3 movie, I now know what the missiles look like, so I'm gonna get the ol' EffectsEd out and make a cool-looking missile to go with it ;)

Oh, and the two AT-ST files are different things - one is the AT-ST NPC (one that walks around on its own and attacks you) and the other is the ridable vehicle.

From the video, I saw that the missiles had a red/pink exhaust coming from them, and a lot of sparks.

So far, I am just about done for the missile effect (I even modelled a custom missile in milkshape :D). All I need to make now is the launch effect, which will be sort of a large burst of smoke coming out from the back of the launch pod.

Originally posted by DarkLord60

I am making sounds for the hellfire droids for AOTCTC just let me know if you need them.

sure, it would be great if i could use your sounds. i couldnt find good sounds for the hailfire droid anywhere. if you could contact me?

are you at AOTCTC making a Hailfire droid too? i offerd you to use my one, but if you want i can give you my max files so you can easily creat your own one and skin it.

Bah... I have some good sounds for the launch from C&C: Generals, but they aren't in the right WAV format to be used in the game.

I have a friend with an audio program, maybe I can ask her to re-compile the file.

Until then, here's my current version - note that you will need the original Hailfire Droid to use this! Just do /npc spawn vehicle hailfire_droid2 and give it a try!

I've sorted all the sounds out, and all the effects for launching and the missiles themselves are finished :D

But, I believe the ones that the AOTCTC team has would be better, because I'm sure they were taken from the real thing, although I haven't heard them yet.

DarkLord would it be too much trouble to send the sounds to me as well?

Thanks in advance :D

ZH@o YuN, i have taken a look at the hailfire_droid2 you made. the rocket effects you added caused some toubles in my JA. the partical effects are not working corretly for me. i also couldnt see how the new roockets look like cause they are to fast. does it make sense to have new rockets that in fact are not visible? its slowing down the fps.

could you give us a bit more info what you changed in this hailfire_droid2 version. this way we could better discuss the all your suggestion, cause some seems to be realy great.

i would be also happy if you could pass me the sound files have. i havent heard from DarkLord60 yet. and i would reayl like to hear to ones you got. thanks.

I was aware of the FPS problem with the missiles, and I have changed them. There are now a lot less sparks and smoke coming out of the missiles. As for the missile model, I just did that for a bit of fun!

I'll start sorting out the sounds I have, and putting them into the game. When I've finished, I'll put them on here as soon as possible.

Originally posted by darthdoom

what is the cmd for the hailfire_droid2

i typt in npc spawn vehicle hailfire_droid2

but it said YOU CAN NOT EXICUTE THIS CMD

can you give my any help:bdroid1:

you cant spawn hailfire_droid2 without having my hailfire_droid version in your base folder. ZH@o YuN's hailfire_droid2 refers to the files of my original, it doesnt work without it.

darthdoom, i am sending you the hailfire droid file right now :)

Archived