Home

WIP: Hellfire Droid

Duncan_10158

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, after a long time i could come back to this project. i fixed the some skinmap problems and changed the skins which monsoontide made for it. i its in game and its fun :)

there are still some things to fix, movement speed, weapon balancing or sounds to add would be cool. so thats the point i need your help. here is the first beta version, get it and let me know what needs to ne fixed/changed. if if someone could do the sounds, please contact me.

THIS VERSION IS A BETA VERSION, DO NOT SENT IT IN SOMEWHERE OR UPLOAD IT! WE ARE STILL WOKING ON IT!

http://io.meskinaw.net/data/hailfire_droid_beta01.zip

have fun

Great model guys, i just tested it and it is amazing how good it is being in BETA. here is what i noticed and some suggestions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small glitches:

=============

the rolling animation is fine going forward but when you stop, the wheel hops and when you reverse the wheel, it has a 2 second delay. before it moves.

Suggestions:

=============

Add a turbo boost

Increase speed a little

awesome job guys, and it was really cool how you guys released a beta to the public. very smooth.

it needs to be just a bit faster, and i like the idea of a boost, and the sound, get some sounds from the movie and put em in the pk3 for the final version, its a little ackward going back at first, but other than that, this is an awsome mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're talent awa's me :p

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it doesnt work in single player hardly at all, it doesnt even shoot :( i want it to be able to shoot like regular rockets in single player!!! and yeah make it move a bit faster, but in single player it wont shoot anything, and when i get out of it, it starts to shoot itself a laser from the bottem untill it blows itself up!!! correct this please

thanks for your feedback ;)

so i repeat all the found bugs and suggestions, correct me if i got something wrong.

- it isnt working correctly in SP, havent tested that yet but it has highest priorety. does somebody know what that could cause?

- wobelling wheels when stoped. it looks ugly, i hope with another animation sequencing it can be fixed. but it could be visible always a bit.

- short delay when driving backwards. hmm???

- increase the basic speed a bit

- add a turbo boost. i am not sure if that works correctly, cause its a walker vehicle class that hasnt this ability. i try it and we can still dicuss if it makes sense.

- increase firing speed. to 100 or below? that would be five times faster! now its raining death, with 100 it would be armagedon, jugement day, do you want that? it surly would look cool!

is there somebody who could do the sounds, i dont have the equipment for that? let me know.

and nearly forgot, the vehicle limit is about 12.

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

- increase firing speed. to 100 or below? that would be five times faster! now its raining death, with 100 it would be armagedon, jugement day, do you want that? it surly would look cool!

i was just pointing out how fun it was... not really suggesting a definate change. :)

I am glad you fixed the shakey thing with the wheels, it was...odd. First off, I think the missiles should do more damage. It took me around 3 minutes to kill a stationary rancor. Secondly, BOTH backward and forward speeds need to be bumped up! I mean, come on! This thing was feared as death with a pimped-out motor! A speed-boost would be nice...other then that, I have nothing to complain about. Good job. ;)

When you get done with this, there is somthing I think you should look into. NeoMars just released his Republic Gunship, and I havn't any bad comments about it, other then the fact it's only weapon is missiles, and it is a 1-person flya. If possible, talk to him, and see if you guys could do a joint-project so as to make it more mutli-usable, if you know what I mean...;)

Originally posted by SD_Radical_Ed

zhao yun, you think you could make me a vehicle weapon that shoots like the impereal repeater?

i have a vehicle and i want it to have a machine gun, and i want to make it fire repeater bolts.

As a matter of fact, I actually made a vehicle repeater ages ago for one of my swoops! :D

I'll post it here as soon as I've uploaded it to freewebs.

It's just a PK3 with the effects and a .vwp file - all you have to do is change the part in your .veh file for weap1 (and weapMuzzle1, 2, 3 etc) to "vehicle_repeater" and it should work

And here's the new HailFire .veh file:

http://www.freewebs.com/zhaoyun_ldx/hailfire_droid2.zip

Just do /npc spawn vehicle hailfire_droid2 and give it a test!

The missiles fire at a rate that's about as fast as from what I remember in the SWCW episode, and because it's so fast, I made the damage fall down to 40 hp. I've also changed the effects for the launch and impact of the missiles - I think it's more suiting than the AT-ST sounds :D

Let me know what you need changing and I'll do it for ya.

Archived