Home

WIP: Hellfire Droid

Duncan_10158

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a ctf level set on a high plateau in the desert, with many diffrent vehicles, including a tie bomber that drops bombs, an a wing, x wing, yt-1300, ravens claw, speeder bike(goes Really fast) , and the other default vehicles. both bases have all weapons and items, and have turbolaser batteries on top of them.

ok, i am hijacking this thread back!

are there any more comments about the hailfire_droid? bugs suggestions?

ZH@o YuN, you offerd to make a veh and npc files for the droideka that would fix the SP problems. i havent heard from you since them, are you still around? i would realy welcome your help, i have no idea about the SP art to fix.

i would like to release the final vesion of this vehicle soon. to do that we need a MP beta testing, to find the right balancing. does someone know where we could play the hailfire droid on a server. is the a JA server that allows vehicle to spawn, is here someone who would help me testing it?

let me know.

thx i didnt see that and all the other links i tryed just sent me to another thread

:) it downloaded v.quick :)

ok i've used it and for weapons: Great! 7-8/10, looks: AWSOME 9/10 and speed: Bad 4/10 its to slow in clone wars they drive into their enemys firing rockets so just need to improve the speed

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to figure out why the vehicle is leaning instead of aiming... The strange thing is, when you spawn an AT-ST, it does the same thing!

So, I'm guessing that SP depends on the way things are spawned, decided by the map. Just using the /npc command doesn't seem to work with walkers!

So don't worry, there's nothing at all wrong with your vehicle, it's the SP code.

in the last few days i worked on the hailfire again, i used most of ZH@o YuN veh file settings and fixed vehicle box size and some other things.

the wheel wobeling is something i couldnt fix, its probably an engine problem that possitions between animtions are smoothed. so if you stop after a half wheel turns, the skeleton moves back into stand possition the shortest way, thats teh wobeling. i could fix that by cutting the animation into four or eight parts but that would need a mod and the wobeling would be still there but just smaller. i want to have this vehicle working without a mod so i think we have to accept this draw back.

about the SP, there are two npc files for the atst. perhaps one is for MP and the other for SP, that means a SP vehicle needs more settings in the npc file then one for MP. perhaps the settings of the SP npc files would fix the wrong standing.

BTW, i would like to test the hailfire droid on the droideka beta balancing server too. so if you would like to join that go the the droideka thread and apply or sent me a mail.

Originally posted by [uF]Picolo

Not bad, but i've seen better :)

oh thanks, thats very encouraging :)

i could need help with the sound. i dont know how the hailfire droid sound s in th movie. i specialy need a rolling/moveing sound, if someone could give me that or point me where i could get it. thanks

Archived