Home

WIP: Hellfire Droid

Duncan_10158

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

I have this A-10 warthog vehicle (a heavily armored U.S. support aircraft [the coolest plane in the world]) that im going to put in as a secret in my level , and the main weapon on it is an machine gun that shoots 35mm depleted uranium shells at a speed of 70 rounds per second.

thats what i need the weapon for.

WOOT! YAY, MACHINE GUN SOUNDS! BRRRRAAAPPP!!

one note: Due to the EXTREMELY fast firing rate of the cannon (i set the firing delay to 14milliseconds between shots to make it accurate) the sound when the a-10 fires is not a series of distinct shots, but it sounds like a BRRRRAAAAPPPPP! noise. try to make it so when it fires it sounds like that.

do you know how i can put custom music into my level? whenever i try to put in my own music it wont play. ive tried opening up one of the games music files and copy/paste my own music into it and re-saving it with goldwave, but that doesnt work.

as far as the texture goes, its fine for a secret plane. it works.

a few slight criticisms:

1. when you shoot something with a depleted uranium armor-percing shell travelling at mach 3, it DOES NOT ricochet( as in the metal1.wav)

2. could you make the metal0.wav sound more like a deep thuddin hit, instead of a .22 bullet hitting a tin can? the rounds it fires are 30mm rounds, thats almost 2 inches wide! something that big is going to make a pretty loud thud when it hits something.

thats about it. try changing those things.

Originally posted by ZH@o YuN

I think I know what the problem is with the Hailfire Droid in SP - if the author would give me permission to edit his .npc file I could fix it.

sure you got my permission, i am already using your veh file, cause its realy better. you or everyone is verywelcome to mod the hailfire droid, sent me want you did and we can discuss it. your veh file, ZH@o YuN, is realy better, i will surely use it partly. i am thinking of rise a bit the damage value cause it takes now a bit longer the destroy something then with my old version. i also dont want to have it that fast to fire. when you can fix the npc file so it will work right in SP, sent it me and i will release a second beta version with some other fixes. then we can discuss it again.

Originally posted by SD_Radical_Ed

Duncan, may i have permission to use your speeder bike in my level?

NeoMarz, May I have permission to use your Mellinium falcon and Ravens Claw Vehicles in my level?

Thanks.

sure, you have my permission to use the speeder bike. now i am very curious to see your level :)

Good luck!

I, too, am using your bike in my map. (the one the above screenie was taken in) What I want to do is take monsoontide's bike and have someone skin it with your bike skin. It would fit in more, don't you think? Now to find a good, free skinner...

MK

Originally posted by mknote

I, too, am using your bike in my map. (the one the above screenie was taken in) What I want to do is take monsoontide's bike and have someone skin it with your bike skin. It would fit in more, don't you think? Now to find a good, free skinner...

MK

i didnt get the point. do you say, you like monsoontides meshes and my skin? it isnt possible to put these together, they are two differnt models. you have to reskin monsoontides model though.

why not just use it as it is? or take my model, the mesh differences arent the great.

Archived