Home

The Anti-Matrix

Datheus

Originally posted by XERXES

the action is cool, but thats about all....no extreemly groundbreaking plots or acting in the movies at ALL. I laugh at that statement.

For me....the movies were just....blah...action was cool, but I didnt feel moved or anything.

Aye, the only groundbreaking thing might've been bullet time, but I've seen similar things in anime so they can't really take all the credit for making it up, so that leaves it little to stand on for the title of "groundbreaking movie".

Mah well, not every movie can be as great as Star Wars. XD We're a spoiled bunch.

The Matrix is nothing but a mediocre action movie packed with tiresome stoner philosophy. Everytime I have to listen to a hardcore Matrix fan crap on about the d33p philosophy behind it, I just want to stub cigarettes out in their eyes.

But hey, to each his own.

The Matrix is a modern classic. It's this generation's Star Wars. It's got great action scenes, great SFX and there's actaully an interesting story holding it together. The only complaints I would have to it is Keanu's so-so acting and a few scenes could have been done better.

Matrix Revolutions also had some good action scenes, but the plot was too confusing (couldn't they have made the Architect's ramblings more understandable?!). Some of the SFX had a PS2-graphics look to them.

I haven't seen Revolutions yet.

But that's just my warped opinion.

Originally posted by C Shutt

The Matrix is nothing but a mediocre action movie packed with tiresome stoner philosophy. Everytime I have to listen to a hardcore Matrix fan crap on about the d33p philosophy behind it, I just want to stub cigarettes out in their eyes.

But hey, to each his own.

dude, stoner philosophy is the best kind...^_^

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

For God's sake, you guys, if you don't like a movie, you don't have to go about putting it down and swearing! You don't like it. Someone else does. It's not the end of the world.

True. I normally don't... In fact, I felt guilty about posting something as inflammatory as I did, but I felt it was necessary. Before I posted this thread, I had never heard one single word from anyone about the problems with the movies. And there are many. I felt it was my duty to be the first to stand up and say "NO! Mr. Wachoski, I don't like it when you touch me there!" Besides, if I have legions of people cramming it down my throat about how awsome it is--and I do--I'm gonna say something negative about it.

Originally posted by C Shutt

Come. Join me. Join me in my Anti-Matrix Army of Doom!

Archived