Home

Buying / Selling (ie. Ebay)

elTee

Does Mojo need a Buying / Selling Forum?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does Mojo need a Buying / Selling Forum?

• Yes, thats a good idea
    • No, we don't need one
    • I don't care

Okay, with another new post related to Ebay I'm beginning to think we need a new forum. Just a buying / selling one - if you have something to sell, post it there. Similarly, if you want something, post an ad and then sellers, or Ebay surfers can let you know if a copy of what you want is available.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Would it get used much? Or do you prefer having the ads in the main forum? Personally, I can swing both ways on this, but if the buying / selling was in a separate forum, desperate posts about "I want Zak McKracken!!!!" wouldn't get shunted down to the bottom of the page and out of sight and mind.

I don't mean swap addresses and arrange the whole deal in front of everyone else, but rather continue the way people do it now in a forum specifically devoted to it. Example:

-Enter the forum

-Make post "Day of the Tentacle"

-"I am looking for a copy of Day of the Tentacle. Can anyone help?"

*A few days pass*

-reply: "there's one on Ebay here"

etc.

Or, alternatively, if you are selling:

-"I have this item and am selling it on Ebay here"

Ebay (or any other auction site, for that matter) would be encouraged, but if people want to arrange transactions themself they can do so at their own risk. I myself have bought an item from someone in the forum (who I didn't know at all well) with no Ebay or anything, just a paypal transaction. The item arrived as promised, from many thousands of miles away, in perfect condition.

It would obviously be better for rarer items like soundtracks and promo items, but we could do a buyers / sellers FAQ like the one Remi did in the Monkey Island forum. This would have all the info and rules, like "many games appear on Ebay, check it regularly. Please do not sell copies of games, or any illegal versions" etc.

Anyway, its just an idea. Keep the responses coming.

I thinks it's an excellent idea - and not just because I'm selling The Dig's soundtrack right at this very moment ;)

And seriously - I think that the major part of LucasArts fans related community sticks to these forums (i.e. lucasforums.com), and many people are always seeking items to fulfill their collection - and I believe many of them collect, like myself - so a dedicated forum will be a great help for all of us. Maybe a sub-division should be considered - for example, when you're in, you'll see "eBay", "GameTZ", "some other site", "personal peer-to-peer deals", etc.

Archived