Home

Looking for Kel Dor and Rodian voices for your character? Look no further.

Wes Janson

Excellent job!

For a long time, the fact that the Rodians and Kel Dor sounds exactly like a human also irked me, and when I played through single player campaign with them, it simply felt out of place to see a Rodian speak perfectly basic.

I've yet to try them out ingame, but I listened to a few of the voices, and I must say that your modifications are well done. Especially the Rodian, I love that one, it sounds exactly as I had expected a Rodian to sound.

Thanks for these modifications, it's a very nice modification for the Jedi Academy game. Keep up the good work.

Nice job. At first I thought maybe you had hired some voice actors to do the mammoth task of re-creating all the in-game lines (or some-how make realistic rodian-ese translations!).

But this is a nice idea and I grabbed it. Next time I play through SP I'll be sure to use it!

Originally posted by Kurgan

Nice job. At first I thought maybe you had hired some voice actors to do the mammoth task of re-creating all the in-game lines (or some-how make realistic rodian-ese translations!).

Dude, I wish... If I had a small studio, we'd have had some decent Rodese not to long after release.

'-p

Quick Q for you Wes, on the Merc 2 pack. You said in the news on your site that it is 100% JA compatible.

If we already downloaded the JK2 version a long time ago, do we have to download it again?

I noticed that the JK2 version seemed to cause problems if it was in your base folder when playing JA multiplayer (and it replaces one of the team skins, so you'll have a black Kyle running around instead of the proper team skin). Is that a big deal or not? (haven't tested with the 1.01 patch to see if it still occurs)

Hmm... You know, I never played around with it in JK3 multiplayer. Merc2Pack was always intended to be singple-player only....

I instituted the update, because I was getting quite a few e-mails asking me if I was going to do a JK3 "updated" version.

So no, you don't need to re-download it -- it's esentially the same thing. If you're having problems with it in multiplayer, just take it out of your base file for now (which I'm sure you've been doing.)

Thanks for bringing this up, though. I'll definately look into it this weekend and see if there's anything I can do with it. In the meantime, looks like you're making me update my website again. '-p

OMG I thought JKA SUCKED but now I LOVE ITZ!!!!!!1 PLZ PLZ make a true Yoda voice pack now!!!1 :) :) :) :)

And PLZ PLZ PLZ make a true chewbacca voice set and a PLZ PLZ true all otehr alienz in STAR WARZ cuz now im' BACK in JA because THIS WAS ALL I WANTED!!!!1 Now I can enjoy gameplay again!!!!11:) :) :)

ALSO the Droidz don't sound right PLZ make them right 2:atat:

I've been playing through the game with this addon, and honestly, I love this modification. It's the only one I've downloaded so far from JA, but I'm extremely glad I got this one. The female modifications fits the Zabrak Female alot, and the Kel Dor voiceset is such an incredible improvement. It totally fits the character. And the Rodian... well, sounds just like a Rodian.

Excellent job on this, I mean it. I had hoped that Raven would change the voices for the Rodian and Kel Dor and was surprised that they didn't. To be honest, I was a bit miffed that they had left this out... but frankly, Academy now really has a more complete feeling to it.

Originally posted by Wes Janson

Thanks for the encouragement. It was a bit of work, but I'm glad to see that it's paying off.

Just played it recently, damn good work man. Rodian was spectacular, Keldor was cool, and the alt female voice was nice, I probably wouldve liked it even a bit deeper and sexier but no biggie :D (the mona sax voice in max payne 2 is cool - have you heard that...?)

I dont think its practical to make them 100% authentic, it'd probably just get damn annoying... and you'd pretty much have to make up the rodian and keldor language. Geirge Lucas actually writes the alien language bits in the SW films.. all I can remember in rodian is

"Oota Goota, Solo?" IIRC Greedo was saying "Going Somewhere, Solo?" But then again Im not 100% sure that Greedo wasnt talking in Huttese when he said this, seeing he worked for jabba, he might very well have been ??

And as far as I can remember, theyres no example of keldor language... Basic is fine, especially since everyone else at the academy seems to speak it(except Lowbacca, who can't)

Keldor, im not sure if there has been a keldor speaking in a game or in EU/films.... There was a keldor in jedi power battles on the pSx but I cant remember him talking. Also, that face mask bit is actually churning out ammonia(IIRC) gas, which is what keldors breathe, so to make it 100% realistic you'd need to incorprate this somehow, but it would need to be as severe as vaders breathing sound for example.

...but as I mentioned, those things arent really necessary, theyre GREAT as it is.....Raven should put incorporate them into any upcoming patch or expansion pack IMHO, and PAY YOU ACCORDINGLY !!

Just out of curiousity, what sound editing tools did you use, Acid Pro ??

as wedge said in ESB :

GREAT SHOT JANSON !!!

MTFBWYA

in between cutscens and ****, if i wasn't [Too much info there man, bad mental picture!] or something, i was reading or eating. i just don't have the heart to sit through a goddamn five minute drama just because "ooh, Rosh sent a f!ckin trainer droid out that took me half a second to kill..." what adolescent bitchin, lol.

but i supose that's my personal thoughts. It is nice, I suppose to watch some of the cutscenes. I watched towards the end, like after--

Jaden's first meeting with evil rosh, aaround the time of the mission to find him at byss

--(sorry, ppl still don't know about stuff like that)--

anyway, the first time i ran through i was human, but the second, third and fourth i was different species and watching some of the seens was funny. it's all good thoguh. remember, however, that most species do speak basic. basic IS the glactic-wide language, anybody who doesn't know at least some basic is considered "illiterate" or even primitive. But some species just can't help it, like gamorreans. their vocal chords don't allow speech in human-like, nasally effected basic tones.

Originally posted by Wes Janson

Your search is over.

Just giving you guys a heads-up, 'cause I know I've read some complaints early in the game's release about the voices. Now you can have your Kel Dor sound like a Kel Dor (at least, I think that's how a Kel Dor might sound...)

Dude I loved your XWA sounds! I have those patches you made burned on a cd some where.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

And as far as I can remember, theyres no example of keldor language... Basic is fine, especially since everyone else at the academy seems to speak it(except Lowbacca, who can't)

Wookies actually can speak basic... If they have a speech-fault (lol :D:p:rolleyes: ) ! Anyone read about Rallrracheen? (The Heir of the Empire)

Archived