Home

KOTOR 2

Darth MarcII

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Astrotoy - Thanks for the link, it looks like my kinda game :) If I remember correctly, FF 7 was the only one released on PC? very unsure about that. I think the latest is FF 11 which is a multiplayer game on PC.. is it worth getting? I mean, i'll jumping in the deep end with no FF experience so maybe I should try FF 7 first?

I would really love to see an expansion pack.

There are so many tales to explore in this universe, and the current engine still feels great, graphics and sound are top notch. Perhaps larger areas... or similarly sized areas with a lot more interactivity.

I would also like to see different lightsaber stances and fighting styles... something along the lines of dooku in ep2. Perhaps special jedi masters could train you in their use. Then one could have battles with different stances and a huge number of combinations... perhaps you could become famous for your skills with a lightsaber across the galaxy. It would mean a lot more animations but it would certainly make the combat much more diverse.

multiple romances would also add some spice. Bioware have done this before with Baldur's Gate 2. Say for example having to choose between mission and bastila or canderous and carth, or any of the other characters for that matter. they manner in which you solve their specific quests could affect their feelings towards your character.

Lots more discussions between the party members... I loved the talks between carth and bastila... and jolee's sarcastic remarks from time to time.

a few extra mightly-difficult-optional dungeons would be cool. Which would harbour cool equipment.

More reaction from the townsfolk on the way in which you solved different quests. It was cool that everyone knew u were the swoop bike champ on another planet... perhaps if they could extend that to some of the side quests as well.

new, downloadable side quests, which would perhaps appear on some sort of message board in your ship, or be delivered to you by a messenger.

More mystery type quests, like the murder on dantooine.... but mysteries that span entire planets and require you to solve a number of side quests to obtain information.

customisable lightsaber hilts and specially tailored equipment... like the SF robes.

And Robes!. Please some really cool robes! and humour! Please some more humour!... you bioware folk cleary have a great knack for it.

finally, all the usual stuff that comes with expansions, such as new planets, weapons, armours, characters etc...

kotor has been a mighty fine experience! and an expansion would be doubly fine!

I'd just like to point out that in the game, Mission is 14. More of a sister-figure if you ask me.

The biggest changes I would like to see is a more diverse selection for armor/robes and cooler masks. Immunity: Mind Affecting is a great stat on a mask but I'd rather have my mind affected than to slap a vader-esque mask on.

Random Quests: Random Quests would give each playthrough a more unique feeling. Maybe they could be tied in to one or more of the characters background stories.

ahh gotta edit later. Have to go

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Shouldn't Bioware be the one to make KotOR2? It seems logical since they already did such a great job...

Yeah, never change a winning formula... And I can't see how another developer could do a better job!!!

Sorry to dissapoint all you but I read somewhere that LucasArts was looking for a developer and that BioWare was not among them. I think that they should just give the project to BioWare and they'll make an even better game that KotOR (is it possible?). Anyway, only time will tell. Lets just hope that the oncoming sequel delivers instead of crashing like most sequels tend to do.

Chekit!!

What I heard is that BioWare, being inable to handle it from a resource perspective, has subcontracted to Obsidian (this may be wrong), which is made up of many former Black Isle employees.

I'm not sure the name, but I remember reading that it was Black Isle folks ... which would be a very good thing (talk about turnabout!)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by txa1265

What I heard is that BioWare, being inable to handle it from a resource perspective, has subcontracted to Obsidian (this may be wrong), which is made up of many former Black Isle employees.

I'm not sure the name, but I remember reading that it was Black Isle folks ... which would be a very good thing (talk about turnabout!)

Mike

Yeah, I suspect that if another company does KOTOR 2 that it is because Bioware refuses to do it (because of otehr commitments or whatever), not because Lucasarts doesn't want them to do it...

Jedi Acadamy was a total waste and a scar on Star Wars wasnt it!? sheesh.. that game.. its like what Truce At Bakura was for the books, or episode II was for the movies..

Thats irrelevant anyway, unless Black Isle made Jedi Acadamy.

I personally am in the EXPANSION PACK(S) camp. This game was 'dumbed down' too much as it is due to its x-box necessities.. I do not want to miss my (virtually mandatory) expansions because of the x-box as well.

I also do not see why people asume if Bioware doesnt make KotOR2 then KotOR2 will suck. I mean it was Bioware who crippled their own NWN engine to bring us the original, so I personally am happy for another company, Black Isle, to take it over.

Bioware had their chance with it and it needs improvement, so let someone else have a go.

But still.. I want expansions.. lots and lots of expansions.. :D

dont forget that evry post on ther forums coserning moding is delited or locked and lets not forget the fact that locas is beeing extrimly protective of its licences and lets not forget that biowaer has other thengs to do then to throw duoling setions with locas abult what shuld be don to a game and how it shuld be suported and lets not forget kotor was an xbox game in the first plase

Originally posted by AKira Core

dont forget that evry post on ther forums coserning moding is delited or locked and lets not forget the fact that locas is beeing extrimly protective of its licences and lets not forget that biowaer has other thengs to do then to throw duoling setions with locas abult what shuld be don to a game and how it shuld be suported and lets not forget kotor was an xbox game in the first plase

WHAT???:eek:

Okay, let's see if I get this right:

"Don't forget that every post on their forums (Bioware's) concerning modding gets deleted or locked, and let's also not forget the fact that LucasArts is being extremely protective of its licences. Also, we should remember that Bioware has other things to do then to "throw dueling sessions" (I suppose you mean "fight") with LucasArts about what should be done to a (or "the") game, and in which way it should be supported. And keep in mind that KOTOR was an XBox game in the first place."

That's how it goes?:confused:

Anyway, we know all of this already (assuming I translated it correctly), so what's your point?

Archived