Home

The graphics!

ultimate_gamer

Do u agree with me about the graphics?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do u agree with me about the graphics?

• Yes!!!
    • No!!!

I think MI4 was way better...the 3rd one was hideous. I would say, however, that the graphics were fine in 1 and maybe I'll concede that they peaked in 2, but they need to keep the market in mind, so I can tolerate some new fad to get my MI fix.

3d in general is kind of nice and makes it easier for people now to become immersed in the game.

As an aside, I'm still amazed by the closeups from MI1.

I think the closeups in MI1 were very good aswell, but the 3D graphics in MI4 looked...a bit ridgid ( even though they did look quite good they still looked wierd, wierder than most 3D games! ). But I thought that the graphics on MI3 were just really well done. ( and yeh he was a bit too tall and skinny, they seemed to change his look in every game! ) :)

3D graphics in EMI sucked harder than a nuclear-powered industrial strength vacuum cleaner from the future. I think LEC dragged hobos from the streets into the art department.

And they got transferred to Full Throttle 2's art department before the project went belly up. No other explanation for these games' horrible visual quality. really.

3D graphics in EMI sucked harder than a nuclear-powered industrial strength vacuum cleaner from the future. I think LEC dragged hobos from the streets into the art department.

Wow. You're wierd. What's wrong with the graphics? They looked simply great, and the only thing I could see someone complaining about is how non-realistic it looked. But since when is MI about realism? An CMI was actually a cartoon. I just don't get why you would think the graphics sucked. Maybe you should get your brain checked.

Realism!!??? I actually prefer cartoony over realistic.

EMI graphics sucked because it lacked atmosphere, proper lighting, consistency, decent textures and decent models. They didn't even try on the graphics department. Anyone with 5 minutes of traditional art training could tell you that EMI graphics didn't work.

What? I don't get how you can think that?

Atmosphere? I didn't see any problem. I thought it was great.

Proper lighting? WTF? The lighting looked fine.

Consistency? What does that mean? Guybrush didn't dramatically change in the game, other than clothes, but that added to the loeveliness of the game.

Decent textures? Decent models? You make it sound like they were bad or something. Maybe someone might have wanted a little more, but they looked utterly fantastic.

I don't get what you see is wrong with them. I can't comprehend what is going through your little mind.

I have to agree with Jayel on all counts, the atmosphere from the first 2, or even 3 was just nowhere to be seen in EMI, partly because of its settings were ruined by having the modern day shops like Starbuccaneers, but also because they just seemed boring, as if they were just sets built for the game (ok so technically thats true on all of them but at least they didnt show it)

The lighting wasnt too bad, but thats only cos i keep thinking of the Lucre Lawyers office... can't think of anywhere else it looked that good.

So i do prefer CMI's over it, although i didnt like the way CMI's graphics were done quite sloppy, like where u can see the pencil lines, and when Guybrush becomes completely pixelated when he gets too small.

Bring back high Res MI2 graphics i say! :D

• 5 weeks later...

I totally agree. with the above 2. It was just too much with the shops. The grog machine in the first 2 games was about as far as it should have been taken.

EMI was very distracting. I found several faults I will never get over. (Stan for one) The music in the Summ Bar changed. Even before it got taken over.

The entire music style was changed, with the exception of the title music which btw was ripped directly from CMI.

Archived