Home

A not to commonly known staff move...?

RpTheHotrod

I am an EXTREMELY experienced veteran to outcast and academy...but the other day, a friend of mine stumbled across a move with staff that I have NEVER seen ANYONE do. He figured out how to do it, and showed me as well.

With staff, you jump extremely high in the air, flip mid air, and swing your saber over your head, then land hard (where you cant move for a second). It RARELY ever hits....since it's rare to hit someone in the air that high, but if it hits, it does 60-70 damage.

I find it more useful to quickly move out of the way of a butterfly or red DFA. If you do it standing still, they'll pass right under you and you'll land behind them. It sorta looks like you're flip-kicking mid-air as well.

sabermove.jpg

gimmie a couple of minutes and I'll make an .avi

Yeah, I figured someone would have to throw in an sarcastic insult, and g//plaZma is the one.

DUH...why ask again, I ALREADY SAID I NEVER SAW IT BEFORE.

As for how...it's just like the butterfly, but instead of fowards, left, or right, it's back.

back, jump, then attack.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Yeah, I figured someone would have to throw in an sarcastic insult, and g//plaZma is the one.

DUH...why ask again, I ALREADY SAID I NEVER SAW IT BEFORE.

As for how...it's just like the butterfly, but instead of fowards, left, or right, it's back.

back, jump, then attack.

... It's in the moves list.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

and your point is? other than continuing trying to insult me?

You can go on as much as you want, but the fact is....I've never seen it used.

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just trying to prove that it is a widely known move, as Raven included it on the moves list. It's just not used a lot since its use is not practical.

I'm sorry if I looked like I was insulting you, I just thought that by now it would be known to most people.

You mean the "Back Flip" ?

I swear that was even in the game's documentation, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, yeah, it's a fancy move that uses no force mana. Good for escapes, but rarely hits.

Though it's capable of cutting a jumpy person in half. <eg>

; )

Update: don't sweat it. A lot of people don't read the readme, manual or the in-game video help. They just figure moves out on their own, which is why we have people asking how to do moves...

Or they get confused between SP and MP and ask why moves don't work.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Ha! Finally, a way to counter the red DFA and butterfly. thx.

...I read a lot of people having trouble with the red DFA - but it really isn't that big of a deal.

1- Take two steps to either side so it misses.

2- Perform #1 and then side swipe to counter.

3- If you're really quick - perform #1, then run behind and backstab them.

Archived