Home

MI1 and MI2 with FULL VOICE ?

psxjunky

I got Monkey Island 1 and 2 on a separate CD inside my MI3 "Curse of Monkey Island" box.

The documentation for this CD says that it includes the Full version of MI1 and MI2, but doesn't include the voice.

This makes me wornder, is there ANY version of MI1 and/or MI2 ever released that includes FULL VOICE instead of just the background music ?

If anyone knows for sure, could you please let me know ?

If there indeed is a version of MI1 and/or MI2 that includes voice, does anyone know where I can get it ?

Thanks in advance !

Thanks everyone for the replies !

If these games were never released with voice, why did LucasArts unnecessarily create the confusion by specifying "these are the full versions but does not include voice" :rolleyes:

Thanks anyways for the confirmation ! Now I can happily enjoy the game without having to look for a version that includes voice :p

Originally posted by psxjunky

If these games were never released with voice, why did LucasArts unnecessarily create the confusion by specifying "these are the full versions but does not include voice" :rolleyes:

Well, there have been enough people asking whether the CD-ROM version should have voices, so I suppose they were trying to stop that happening. Looks like they failed. ;)

My suggestion, a large card in the box reading:

YOU SHOULD HEAR

* Music (not continuous)

YOU SHOULD NOT HEAR

* Voices

• 2 weeks later...

All right, maybe we should just ASK it all the time, until it comes true: "Do MI1 and MI2 have full speech?"...

Or we "simply" start a petition and send it Dominic Armato... he isn't doing anything "Monkey Island"-ish right now, so he should step up, and do it for free! C'mon, Dom... how much money does a man need??

Or we call Dom all the time, tricking him into saying every single line of dialogue we need for the two games (of course just as part of some small talk), recording all of it... and then we bribe some officials at LucasArts (with money collected for the MI-charity) to hand out the uncompiled source code for the games... and then we kidnap some competent computer geek (but not me) to implement the recorded dialogue into the games, selling it, earning millions, getting sued for half of it, and still having the other half to celebrate in huge orgies at our mansions, built after the design of Edison-mansion...

It is almost too easy.

Or we call Dom all the time, tricking him into saying every single line of dialogue we need for the two games (of course just as part of some small talk), recording all of it... and then we bribe some officials at LucasArts (with money collected for the MI-charity) to hand out the uncompiled source code for the games... and then we kidnap some competent computer geek (but not me) to implement the recorded dialogue into the games, selling it, earning millions, getting sued for half of it, and still having the other half to celebrate in huge orgies at our mansions, built after the design of Edison-mansion...

...well...hang on a sec....

one more.............one minute..................................and..............................done. There ya go.

Archived