Home

Should i buy this game?

Jedi Child

I've read a few reviews of it, and i own JK2.

I downloaded the "2 level" demo of JK3 and i'm not sure. it's left me feeling a bit unimpressed for some reason. The sabre fighting is "ok" but doesn't seem a great step from what was seen in JK2. Are there more moves in the final version? Is the full retail version A LOT better than the demo (which seemed a bit lacking)?

Also, how is the multiplayer scene? Is sabre dueling as good (if not better) than it was with JK2? Has the multiplayer community moved on from JK2 towards JK3?

Thanks.

Originally posted by IG-64

It's a great gaming experience, as for me: i'm still waiting to be able to play KotoR :bored:

I was tempted to get KotoR. as I was going to my local EB, It was sitting there, with it's $50 price tag, I had the money for it, But in the end, I got JA...Don't know why, But so far I'm loving it.

Originally posted by saurumonk

KotR doesn't have MP tho, not enough versitility......

KotOR doesn't need it. It's a stunning RPG set in the star wars universe. Game completion time is estimated at around 40 hours.. (and that's just the first run through). Decisions are made at every stage. It's turn-based fighting actually looks as cool as JO/JA.

KOTOR is more for those who enjoy RPG/Dungeons and Dragons style of play. RPGs are long games, thus the long play hour.

I haven't gotten JA either, was thinking about it, but I think I'll wait till the price goes down a bit. still quite expensive. but for sure I will eventually buy it.

ya, it's a really good game, but they all say KotoR is better

IG 64 is back ! ....and interested in KOTOR !!!

wow !

just finished KOTOR my first time through, gone back to start along the dark path and trask talk everyone along the way.... :p

**back to topic though,....it depends on what you are into...if you are into hours of immersive gameplay in rpg story style but some cool combat action go for RPG. If you get of on mindless fragging for hours and then getting on forums like this whining about kids who bow or kill you when you are chatting, the JA is perfect for you.......

JA is a 2 set coaster at my house, if you lived nearby(Australia!) you could borrow it, indefinitely......

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

On the other hand....

Several people have said in this forum that they like KOTOR more than JA.

I know of several people who have uninstalled it and have gone on to something else or even back to Jedi Outcast.

Yes Amidala, one of such persons is ME ! I did install JO just for a day to have a go at the extra levels on teh Dark Forces mod demo xmas release,,,,,,

Read my sig to fully understand the relationship between JA and KOTOR......

MTFBWYA

what do you mean by turn-based fighting?

Turn based fighting is a combat system that is taken in turns. Combat moves are queued up in a sequence. It's like playing a computerised star wars dungeons and dragons game. While playing Kotor you attribute points to various skills you have on offer and you can choose which type of combat moves you're fighter executes in battle. Then, the comp takes it turns to do damage. Eg, Your Jedi character swings his sabre (the comp rolls a dice to calculate whether you hit and calculates this hit on accordance to your skill levels), then it's the computer's turn to swing his sith sabre at you and the comp calculates whether its a hit or miss.. if its a hit how much damage it does.. And so it goes on until one of your party is victorious.

It's sounds slow, but it's not nearly as slow and geeky as i described. If you have a top of the line PC, watching a combat fight in KotoR is a lot like watching a sabre duel in JO, cept thankfully no random swinging and tedious jumping around each other.

Archived