Legend of Zelda: Keep the new look?

Darklighter

Keep the cel-shaded look?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the cel-shaded look?

• Cel-shading is kewl!!!11!
    • Go for a realistic, OOT look ^^
    • Meh...

"Keep it realistic. I am a HUGE fan of the Legend of Zelda (since the first Zelda) and I've gotta say that (although good story line) the cell shaded wind maker put me off. Whilst all of them are excellent, Ocarina of Time for N64 is my favourite due to the realistic graphics and the storyline."

Agreed. I'm also with Jed. I bought GCN JUST for Zelda. I regret it now, I almost bought an X Box... :(

Originally posted by DarkLord60

I prefer realistic graphics cell shading sucks!

Hehe, better hope Anakin doesnt see that post, Dark ;) Especially with the Clone Wars Project:)

For me, my first opinion of WW was that, like everyone said, too childish. But after awhile, I was engulfed by the game and started to see past the graphics and actually the storyline and how it played out. I thought it was a fun game. But I wouldnt mind seeing those Soul Calibre-like graphics in the new Zelda game, but I can go either way.

Originally posted by Andy867

Hehe, better hope Anakin doesnt see that post, Dark ;) Especially with the Clone Wars Project:)

For me, my first opinion of WW was that, like everyone said, too childish. But after awhile, I was engulfed by the game and started to see past the graphics and actually the storyline and how it played out. I thought it was a fun game. But I wouldnt mind seeing those Soul Calibre-like graphics in the new Zelda game, but I can go either way.

Then you did what I could not, I am too much of a picky man, sure it has nice storyline, but in the back of my mind I always know "it could be better" The graphics could've been how they showed us but they decided not to so that is where they make their mistake

Originally posted by IG-64

Then you did what I could not, I am too much of a picky man, sure it has nice storyline, but in the back of my mind I always know "it could be better" The graphics could've been how they showed us but they decided not to so that is where they make their mistake

Well the maker of of the game WW, is also the same person who came up with the Zelda: OOT. He just wanted to kind of a go a different direction since a lot of "experts" believe the cell-shading is the way to go, when done properly. sure they could have made the graphics better, but by doing it they way they did, they allowed for smoother gameplay and didnt make it necessarily as dark as OOT, or else some people would have complained that Wind Waker would have been too much like OOT, plus I think that WW is how the original zelda WOULD have looked if today's technology was around back then. Cell shading instead of the block characters. etc. and that OOT would have still been the way it was made.. fully immersed 3D/life-like.

Originally posted by Andy867

Nah I really dont care if he does I just hate cell shading but I love our project.

I don't hate it for all games just zelda and a few others.

Lets bring it back to 3D. MM was the best Zelda game (with ALTTP a close second), and it had the 3D graphics. I have a GC, but I got it for the Rogue Squadren II (and now III). A game like OoT/MM on Gamecube would, frankly, bring it back on the big market and may save Nintendo.

MK

Archived