Home

MP gripe...

fattysbox

Sorry for the rant but gotta let off some steam...

WTF is up with people that think they are the best at this game always calling everybody else "n00b" and subsequently banning them from serves?

I play the original JK2 (without any patches) and I'm crazy about CTF, but what pisses me off are the wankers that play them as well. SPECIFICALLY clan orientated players. Last night I was on this sever (Agito CTF) and trying my best to play a decent game of CTF. I mean, I'm no expert by any means, just a good above average player.

Anyway, we were playing on yavin and I kept stopping the guy from -- I think the clan name is Altrox with red/white/blue letters in it -- getting to our base. Every time I stopped him either by killing him or pulling him so he won't get into our base I hear this:

"I own you nOOb, dont attack me"

"nO0bs like you should be kicked!!11"

Other colorful profanities not to be mentioned here.:rolleyes:

Needless to say this mofo complains the rest of game to the admin, "kick this noob!!" And it almost came to that, all because I just played the frikin game.

After that crap and going to other servers with similar issues, JK2 does not seem appealing. Why can't these immature players (prob 15 years or younger) just play the game without ruining it for other people. I have JA but haven't played MP much and I hope the bulls*%# doesn't happen there either.

Steam vented...

Well, since I'm kinda new to the forums, and never happened to come across this topic, then it seems ok to post this no? :rolleyes: Or am I offending too many people?

If the latter is true then close the post.

I just hope the same crap doesn't happen in JA.

Originally posted by fattysbox

Well, since I'm kinda new to the forums, and never happened to come across this topic, then it seems ok to post this no? :rolleyes: Or am I offending too many people?

If the latter is true then close the post.

No offense taken, of course :) It is just an issue that has been at the forefront for a long time...

I just hope the same crap doesn't happen in JA.

Unfortunately, it does :(

Yes unfortunately you get the whiners and n00bs from clans that start calling you a n00b and casting votes or calling the admin to kick the player. I remember I found a server with the kotor map and I joined because of this. This server was lagging about every 2 seconds. I couldn't bring up the scoreboard for some reason so then I asked if the server was lagging for anyone else? 5 seconds later they cast a vote to kick me, don't know why. I left before the vote passed through and kicked me and I told them all to Get F***** and then left. Still, you can get servers where nobody spams every second calling each other n00bs etc etc. You've just gotta find a good server for yourself.

hehehe wait tell you come across FREELANCER... he is a player that i would say dont like to lose.. but its more like he hates it when you are beating him. as i seen him do this when he was winning.

he waits tell your on a ledge map and then will team kill. we all hate it when teams are stacked. but to join there side to teamkill is just gay.

alot of the time you see team stacking due to people dont like to play with new players... the games i like most are the ones that you do a team effort and win :)

anyways at the end of the day you cant stop it. and the best way... well if you can find a diffrent server and join it.

OR swap teams and rage kill him.. the other team soon see what ya up to and some times will let you in to there base knowing your after the team killer lol

My solution is to ignore people who whine in the game (ie: don't respond to their comments) and if you wish try the following:

Hunt down their character in game and kill him over and over again, using the cheapest possible tactics you can think of. Taunt him and refuse to give him a chance.

If he tries to vote to kick somebody, always vote "no" against him. If you wish use private chat to tell others to gang up on him (let's see how HE likes it eh)?

Basically you'll make him so angry that he'll (hopefully) give up and leave the game or (if a miracle happens) actually start playing for real instead of standing around whining and making excuses for his lack of skill.

Sore losers and braggarts in games will never go away, but if you don't take them seriously and give them an audience perhaps you can decrease the number of them on the servers you play on.

The only problem is if the whiner is the admin of the server, if that's the case I just quietly leave and never come back.

Occasionally when I'm feeling nice I'll give them the URL of my strategy site or point out how the flaws in their logic of the game but it's often sadly like talking to a brick wall.

People have to win every time or else they assume you HAVE to be cheating, scripting or they can't resist calling you names. And if they win by 1 point they claim they are the greatest in the game. It's silly...

Now perhaps the ONLY time I might advocate using vote kick (other than somebody really really lagging bad constantly) would be if somebody on your team REFUSES to play the game and is dragging you down. However I'd try to talk him into playing and shutting up with the whining before I resorted to that, since I hate vote abuse, period.

Haven't looked at this post in a while and thanks for all of the comments...

What made me post again was the same crap all over again with the same clan and the same clan member. Altrox _DarkLord or something like that - BIGGEST whiner in the game. With these people it as if using force pull is against the rules. Him and another clan member almost kicked me for actually stopping them.

So here is my further question:

Why do players bitch about pull? In a CTF game, that is essential way of stopping someone cold besides kicks. Why are people who use pull often called noobs and other crap, when to me pull seems to be the most effective at stopping the opposing team?

I have no intention to start a flame war here, just want to know the logic if any behind "pull me again and I kick you":rolleyes:

Haven't looked at this post in a while and thanks for all of the comments...

What made me post again was the same crap all over again with the same clan and the same clan member. Altrox _DarkLord or something like that - BIGGEST whiner in the game. With these people it as if using force pull is against the rules. Him and another clan member almost kicked me for actually stopping them.

So here is my further question:

Why do players bitch about pull? In a CTF game, that is essential way of stopping someone cold besides kicks. Why are people who use pull often called noobs and other crap, when to me pull seems to be the most effective at stopping the opposing team?

I have no intention to start a flame war here, just want to know the logic if any behind "pull me again and I kick you":rolleyes:

Well CTF is my game i love it.. Pull ohhh yea i pull as you said most good players in CTF will use speed and jump strif and will leave you behind. and no gun in the game will stop them. the only way is to take the speed of them.. only way to do that is pull. if they say pull noob i would reply saying speed noob or some crap like that. to me pull is great i speed in grab the flag and the only way i am going to get a quick cap is if the other side are pulling me... great way to top up the old force and hit speed again :)

the games that make me laugh the most is games like yavin when the rage flag run. so you grip (or use pull) yet they will call you a noob for doing it LMFAO.. if ya going to use rage you have to put up with crap like that.

at the end of the day your not to stop them complaining. play as you wana play if they are real jerks leave find a better server. they soon get board of playing with them selfs.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, if you use push and pull alot you would be accused of "being a n00b." There are such phrases...

:deathii: Pull/Push n00b.

:deathii: Pulling/Pushing ruins the game.

:deathii: Pull/Push obsessive.

:deathii: LAMER!!! (You should have seen that one coming :p)

Using push and pull really brings the whining out of people. I like ctf_ns_streets. :D

Originally posted by _PerfectAgent_

Unfortunately, if you use push and pull alot you would be accused of "being a n00b."

And yet being defeated by these easily countered and simplest of moves is not being a noob. Go figure.

I guess it is easier to bitch than to actually do something about it...

Sorry for the rant but gotta let off some steam...

WTF is up with people that think they are the best at this game always calling everybody else "n00b" and subsequently banning them from serves?

I play the original JK2 (without any patches) and I'm crazy about CTF, but what pisses me off are the wankers that play them as well. SPECIFICALLY clan orientated players. Last night I was on this sever (Agito CTF) and trying my best to play a decent game of CTF. I mean, I'm no expert by any means, just a good above average player.

Anyway, we were playing on yavin and I kept stopping the guy from -- I think the clan name is Altrox with red/white/blue letters in it -- getting to our base. Every time I stopped him either by killing him or pulling him so he won't get into our base I hear this:

"I own you nOOb, dont attack me"

"nO0bs like you should be kicked!!11"

Other colorful profanities not to be mentioned here.:rolleyes:

Needless to say this mofo complains the rest of game to the admin, "kick this noob!!" And it almost came to that, all because I just played the frikin game.

After that crap and going to other servers with similar issues, JK2 does not seem appealing. Why can't these immature players (prob 15 years or younger) just play the game without ruining it for other people. I have JA but haven't played MP much and I hope the bulls*%# doesn't happen there either.

Steam vented...

The best advice I can give you is to not take advice from anyone with over 500 posts on this forum because they're probably the asshole banning you.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Squirrel

if anyone calls me a noob, i rape em over and over until they leave.

How do you get your character's pants off? Regardless, what's with wanting to rape a bunch of male characters?

But I agree that anyone calling people noobs needs some sort of physical discomfort...

Originally posted by bcat22

I would imagine that being raped makes it difficult to /amsit, no?

/amsit is actually part of it.

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

Push is the greatest tactic on some the street maps lol, I love it. I guess it's a lesson in having *cough* Force Absorb :D

And also not to jump around like crazy either.

Eeeeewww. This thread has become a bit...off-color. O_o

Anyway, I use this logic: if a move/force power was put into the game, it was put there for the player to use, not avoid. If people don't want competitive MP, there's always chat rooms or online chess. Although who knows, there may be some people who complain about noobs in online chess.

NOOB! YOUYO CKECKM4T3D M31N 4 MOOVES!!!1111 OMG TAHT IS GEY YUO HAXXORZ!!!@!$(*^$(@

Archived