Home

Leela Model (JK2/JA universal woman project), Cont....

Antizac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Here'sanupdateon the Civilian Leela model for JO.

Normally I wouldn't bother posting an update that prettymuch repeats so many things that have been covered before - but I have made some slight changes to the model that, to me, make a huge difference, and make her look more like a real person...

First, I made some slight tweaks to her face, that look good to me - so whatever.

second, I shaped her waist to a... ...proportionate size - as well as her thighs and legs. They were always a bit too exaggerated to me. Oh - and I gave her cleavage on the torso.... (not well shown) but it's there.

leela_reshape.txt

The top two pics are what she currently looks like textured...

And the bottom two show the comparison between the last released model, and the model, I'm currently working on...

This model will have All the hair and everything else the last one had, except: the vest, the Jedi utilities (on the belt), the dress, the skirt, the cloak.

This one instead has: Left and right gun/blaster holsters, a jacket, the Mini skirt (is still on this model)

plus some additional features that are too long-winded to list right now, but will come in handy.

And here's a few 3DS Max renders ofher (she'll be compiled soon, I have some weighting issues to work out):

leela_render1.txt

leela_render2.txt

I'm also trying some shader effects, so she'll look pretty close to this in-game...

Again, the JA model will be a compilation of both the Civilian and the Leela Jedi models...

Comments?

Originally posted by Thrawn42689

Looks really good, except for the face...the face just looks really weird. The black rings around her eyes and bright pink on her cheeks really throws off the realistic look you have on the rest of the model. Good work, anyhoo. :)

maybe it's for the pimp mod? :D. J/k looks good. I agree to a point about the face, try and dull down the peach on the face. >_> I wonder what she'd look like if we made her black... or asian... <_< anyway nice work :thumbsup:

Must you contradict me on every thread I post in, Zappa? ;)

Here's what's wrong with the face:

1. Her eyes have black poly rings around them. I guess they're supposed to be eyelashes, but in that case they should alpha them. Eyelashes aren't solid black plates. :p

2. She has tons of unrealistically pink and red glittery skin in large amounts on her cheeks, and a bit right under her eyes too.

3. She has really exaggerated dark rings under her eyes, like a drug addict or someone who just got punched in the face a bunch of times. :D

In retrospect, I think the main problem is that you guys wanted to change the color of her skin from Jan's more tan shades, but instead of adjusting the RGB values or something similar, you tried to paint over. The face seems to be splotched with an entirely different color than the neck and chest. I know it seems like a lot of criticism, but apart from that I think it's a great concept, and a great looking model, apart from the face. Keep up the good work, guys!

Ah well, I guess I don't have to release it then. :D;):eek::rolleyes::confused::o:yoda::p:rock::ewok:

p.s.

"Guys"? It's just me.

And the so called "make-up" and glitter (also known as "color intensity" and "contrasting" ) - is much less saturated in JO/JA so it has to be over compensated. The "poly-rings" or polygonal eyeliner, was something that was always there, that I never fixed - I thought it looked fine - still do. whatever...

Well I think she is looking really good and updates would be good. I clearly dont see why you have such a problem with those things Thrawn. It just add's to her looks. I fully support your work Antizac and I hope to see more female models and updates of Leela later on.

OK, here's one last update before I finish it up (over the next few weeks) - This time I removed the shader effects...

leela_render3.txt

Fixed the shirt and stuff in Photoshop - took me about a half hour to do... (finishing around 11:45 pm)

THEN, I started on the Main character for My level series/saga (that'll never see the light of post-production), and worked on him until 6 A.M. using the same modeling methods, I've been using on Leela:

Have some skinning to do yet...

jarron.txt

Don't get too attached to that picture, I'll probably never release him...

OK, so - anyhoo - once Civilian Leela is released, it'll be only short ammount of time to combine the two models (Jedi and Civilian versions) for JA, for use with SP and MP. Once that's all done with - I'll get back to fully concentrating on the levels and scripting for The Rising Empire. Leela will only be continuously updated for...

...well...me - until the release of The Rising Empire: Chapter 1

Then, If I'm not too much older, I'll finish up Chapters 2 & 3.

Any questions?

Originally posted by Zappa_0

Thats a him?:eek:

:rolleyes: YES, that's A HIM. Gotta problem with that? He's in his early 20's in the story, (although his hair should be shorter for Part 1) and he's clean shaven.

Not every male character in a game has to look like a "Bruce Willis-wannabe-epitome-of-masculinity".

m'kay?

Originally posted by Antizac

:rolleyes: YES, that's A HIM. Gotta problem with that? He's in his early 20's in the story, (although his hair should be shorter for Part 1) and he's clean shaven.

Not every male character in a game has to look like a "Bruce Willis-wannabe-epitome-of-masculinity".

m'kay?

Couldn't agree more. You gotta problem with long hair buddy? I'll come and kick your arse! lol, long hair is awesome, thats all I have to say, I'll shut up now.

On the note of you model I Know it has been mentioned and I know its your intent not to change it but I do suggest trying to make an extra skin on the face and do a side by side camparison of heavy makeup vs non. and I thinkyou may find your model will step up a little, well thats my 2 cents.

Long live the long haired freaky people.

So, um....

Haven't updated in awhile...

Here's what I never bothered posting:

Leela_civ_modview.txt

This is a little something demonstrating the usefulness of the (not to be pervert, here) cleaveage/alpha mesh, which nobody could really see in the other shots before.

Basically, I modeled the cleavage, then I covered it with a removeable mesh for use with alpha shading, to get some neat effects.

leela_info.txt

And a quick tutorial, explaining how this works (for those of you who are new to Alpha channels):

An alpha shader is basically a tga (or png with JA) file with a translucent background, making the transparent areas see-though. But if you want it to be see-through in the game, or 3D program, you need to tell the game/program that it has an alpha channel. And you do that with shaders (like the .shader files used in

Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy, and most other 3D games today.

More useful info on Alpha Channels found here: http://www.geocities.com/skingalltut/alphatut.htm

So if all you wanna do is make the translucent area invisible in JO/JA then all you need is the following line to a custom shader using the folder names corresponding to the texture file you're using on your model/level/skin:

models/players/leela_civ/cleavg_alpha 
{ 
  cull   disable 
   { 
       map models/players/leela_civ/cleavg_alpha 
       alphaFunc GE192 
       depthWrite 
       rgbGen lightingDiffuse 
   } 
} 

That's all that's needed to make the "cleavage cover", the way it is in-game.

Note: I'm not quite sure yet, but either the "cull disable" or "depthWrite" make the surface double sided (seen from both sides)

But the key ingredient:

alphaFunc GE192 (or 'GE128', whichever looks better)

is what makes the see-though texture - see-though in-game.

So, anyway without further crap on what you missed and... ...something...

Civilian Leela, is now available at PCGameMods.com

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4791/

Download and enjoy. Look for the numerous hidden skins I bundled with defaults.

Comments?

Archived